checko

FINALLY brought home my SR22

Glock23:

No, somebody at Jim flynn's dropped the ball, didn't call in NICS check. I resent info on Tuesday, they said I should be able to pick it up Friday. I'm going to call end of today to check up.

It's a little strange, when I called last Friday I offered to give a deposit to hold the gun, they said not neccesary. But then I never heard from them. So when I called back and found out nothing had been done, I verified the gun was still available, and again offered to leave deposit, and again was told not neccesary. So I'm a bit concerned about this whole thing, despite Jim's stellar rep on here. Fingers crossed I get it Friday with no issues.

Got it!! Man Jim's was BUSY... I was 4th in line when I got there, and there were 4 inline behind me when I left. Mostly people picking up pistols.

I have to go back when they're not busy to look around the "gun room"... I will definitely buy at Jim's again, he's just a nice OLD (gotta' be 70 at least) man, has great prices. Even had 10 boxes of 7.62x39 Remington which surprised me, but I didn't pick any up because I didn't know what the price was, but being Remington, must have been high.

The SR22 feels better than my LC9. $342 out the door, WITH taxes and fees. Still lower than any retail price (WITHOUT taxes and fees) I've seen anywhere locally.

Got it!! Man Jim's was BUSY... I was 4th in line when I got there, and there were 4 inline behind me when I left. Mostly people picking up pistols.

I have to go back when they're not busy to look around the "gun room"... I will definitely buy at Jim's again, he's just a nice OLD (gotta' be 70 at least) man, has great prices. Even had 10 boxes of 7.62x39 Remington which surprised me, but I didn't pick any up because I didn't know what the price was, but being Remington, must have been high.

The SR22 feels better than my LC9. $342 out the door, WITH taxes and fees. Still lower than any retail price (WITHOUT taxes and fees) I've seen anywhere locally.

congrats man. I'm sure you'll love it. That's a good deal. 60 bucks cheaper than what I paid

sent from my Samsung Note 2

Only .22's I have at the moment are a bunch of Winchester wildcat and the cci tactical .22's for ar's. I'll probably use aguila, mini mags or remmy bulk as long as they work

What has everyone else been using?

I've had good luck with Winchester hollow points (333 ct. box) but the gun doesn't seem to mind any ammo I through at it. Ruger says they designed it to work with pretty much any .22lr ammo. I like the Winchester because it was readily available, inexpensive, and works in all three of my .22 guns.

Took mine to the range today. This may very well be the funnest gun I own. Feels GREAT in the hand, mags load easily (thanks to a built-in "speedloader" right on the mag, sort of), can rapidfire with complete accuracy, and can do hundreds of rounds w/o getting beat up (can't say the same for my buddy's XDM .45 he just bought).

AWESOME gun. I was using 40 year old remington Kleen-bore FMJs and CCI Mini-mags. Not one FTF or FTE. Perfect.

I may have to trade a Ruger Mark for one of those. Are the two grip sizes entirely adequate for various hand sizes, or could there be a possibility of a variety of more custom grips in the future? How much are the magazines going for, and are they available?

I may have to trade a Ruger Mark for one of those. Are the two grip sizes entirely adequate for various hand sizes, or could there be a possibility of a variety of more custom grips in the future? (I think there is a noticeable difference between the two grips. How much are the magazines going for, and are they available? When I was at Cabelas they had some in stock for $30 and honestly haven't looked elsewhere.

I don't think there's much difference between the 2 grips, and don't forget- there's also magazine extensions for the pinky finger for larger hands (I don't need them). Since the grip is a slip-on, I'm sure there will be after market ones in the future. Unlike the LC9, which is too skinny for me, and no one makes replacement grips for it, just slip-on sleeves... I just ordered some hogue and pachmyr ones to try out on the LC9.

But the SR22 feels alot better than the LC9 to me.

Took mine to the range today. This may very well be the funnest gun I own. Feels GREAT in the hand, mags load easily (thanks to a built-in "speedloader" right on the mag, sort of), can rapidfire with complete accuracy, and can do hundreds of rounds w/o getting beat up (can't say the same for my buddy's XDM .45 he just bought).

AWESOME gun. I was using 40 year old remington Kleen-bore FMJs and CCI Mini-mags. Not one FTF or FTE. Perfect.

I've been trying to track down remington kleen bore fmj 22 forever. You're lucky!

I've been trying to track down remington kleen bore fmj 22 forever. You're lucky!

They still make it???? It was from my dad's closet, he passed 16 years ago, and they were old THEN!! lol

The Kleen bore had more flash and smoke than the CCi, but I'm sure the powder recipe was different 40 years ago.