RedRiverII

1 handgun a month

Would be helpful if we knew on the 24th of which month you took possession if you want the next date you can purchase. The 24th of January hasn't gotten here yet so can't say it would be 2/25 or not.

Does Sunday have any relevance in the count? I would think not, the date on the P2P that he received the gun is what matters in the way I see it.

What he is saying is that if 2/24 was his 31st day he'd have to wait til 2/25 to purchase since the 24th is a Sunday and you can't purchase on Sunday.

The point I;m making or rather complaining about is that with this NICS F up, it ain't no 30 day wait. I purchased a Ruger Ray Ray,SBH, 12/18. Had to wait til NICS approved it 4 days later, then I waited 2 more days to pick it up. Because of the backlog I feel penalized. I needed a pistol for a training class this month on the 22nd, it ain't happening. I'm not going to a building clearing class with a single action 44 mag. If by chance NICS goes down for 2 weeks it becomes 1 handgun every 1 1/2 months. FNX 45

I had my FFL put my NICS through after 28 days figuring that it would take at least 2 days to get the NICS approval back before I could pick up my next pistol after 30 days or more. Unfortunately, that backfired since the NICS officer flagged my submission and told my FFL that I might get investigated by the state police for not waiting 30 days. My FFL smoothed things over and I ended up getting the approval and picking up my handgun on day 31.