mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

"We do have counsel engaged on it and we expect the situation to be resolved shortly."

I guess this is good news. However, "shortly" is a relative term. Homo sapiens have existed a short time relative to the age of the earth...

In other words, we should ask for a specific date.

I guess this is good news. However, "shortly" is a relative term. Homo sapiens have existed a short time relative to the age of the earth...

In other words, we should ask for a specific date.

Counsel sent a letter asking for specifics from the county, we received a call with sloppy answers and we are now awaiting the written response that was requested and it will move from there. For the past 5 day's counsel has been focused on the 24 bills for tomorrow. More details to follow as they happen.

Sorry but no firm date exists. As we know once it enters the courts we are screwed because they do not rush. I have heard that the records were being restored (the ones that were damaged and the salvageable ones are being scanned. Imagine that.

Counsel sent a letter asking for specifics from the county, we received a call with sloppy answers and we are now awaiting the written response that was requested and it will move from there. For the past 5 day's counsel has been focused on the 24 bills for tomorrow. More details to follow as they happen.

Sorry but no firm date exists. As we know once it enters the courts we are screwed because they do not rush. I have heard that the records were being restored (the ones that were damaged and the salvageable ones are being scanned. Imagine that.

Thanks for all your help. I still would like to know which company in TX is handling the restoration. Maybe contacting them would help the process...

Bump to keep this topic on the first page.

Does anyone know if FID is the same as CCW? Do they have a time in which they have to deny you, or you are automatically approved?

An FID is for buying ammo and long guns. There is a thirty day guideline for approval but the courts have upheld they can go beyond thirty days in the interest of public safety if they are waiting for a background check to come back. So in this instance you have to wait.

I applied for mine in early October, before the stores were bare. I had intended to get a 9mm STI Trojan for competition and a Kahr K9 as a BUG gun for side-matches. I worry now that when the permits come through, what I want won't be available. What do you guys intend to get when the permits come through, considering the selection is limited?

I applied for mine in early October, before the stores were bare. I had intended to get a 9mm STI Trojan for competition and a Kahr K9 as a BUG gun for side-matches. I worry now that when the permits come through, what I want won't be available. What do you guys intend to get when the permits come through, considering the selection is limited?

I was originally just doing an address change, but since there is such a delay and with everything going on I added 3 permits to my application. No idea what I plan to buy, maybe a 1911. Will have to see what the market is like when the papers finally come through.

Ill be buying revolvers. Not sure what is going to happen with all this insane pending legislation so im going to hold off on any more semi autos

Many LGS will let you buy a handgun (paying full price), they then hold it until your P2P comes through. Then you finish the transfer. That is what I am doing with a S&W 627. There are a fair amount of handguns on most LGS shelves, just not any rifles that I can see (and I mean zero). Pricing is another issue.

Many LGS will let you buy a handgun (paying full price), they then hold it until your P2P comes through. Then you finish the transfer. That is what I am doing with a S&W 627. There are a fair amount of handguns on most LGS shelves, just not any rifles that I can see (and I mean zero). Pricing is another issue.

Where do you shop?

I called Caso's and had them put me on a list for Glock 19's. As soon as they come in, i'm supposed to receive a call so that i can stop in and pay for it.

In any event.. what date are we hoping for at this point? March 10th? Is that when we are hoping they will be up and running? That will be just a few days shy of 6 months waiting for two P2P's for me.. Anything beyond that will be unbearable. lol

I called Caso's and had them put me on a list for Glock 19's. As soon as they come in, i'm supposed to receive a call so that i can stop in and pay for it.

In any event.. what date are we hoping for at this point? March 10th? Is that when we are hoping they will be up and running? That will be just a few days shy of 6 months waiting for two P2P's for me.. Anything beyond that will be unbearable. lol

I don't want to alarm you but my local PD said that the finger prints are only good for six months. If the mental health checks don't come back in time with overlap of those six months they said you have to start all over. Hopefully they get moving in a week.

I don't want to alarm you but my local PD said that the finger prints are only good for six months. If the mental health checks don't come back in time with overlap of those six months they said you have to start all over. Hopefully they get moving in a week.

This would be complete BS. I suggest talking to the chief NOW so they don't screw you over further. If this happens, you basically were robbed for the cost of the prints, and any application fees. Just remind them politely, THEY failed to follow the law they swear to uphold.

This would be complete BS. I suggest talking to the chief NOW so they don't screw you over further. If this happens, you basically were robbed for the cost of the prints, and any application fees. Just remind them politely, THEY failed to follow the law they swear to uphold.

The township isn't failing to follow the law. They have to by law wait for the background checks to all come back, the county is the one not fulfilling the request, not the town. Non-criminal state background checks have to be destroyed after 6 months because after all you aren't a criminal and you don't want any records being kept on you do you?

The township isn't failing to follow the law. They have to by law wait for the background checks to all come back, the county is the one not fulfilling the request, not the town. Non-criminal state background checks have to be destroyed after 6 months because after all you aren't a criminal and you don't want any records being kept on you do you?

It's really sad how we have no recourse to stand up for our rights, other than to move to another state, or at least another county.

It's really sad how we have no recourse to stand up for our rights, other than to move to another state, or at least another county.

I am seriously considering ditching NJ, especially if Christie caves on any new laws. Sadly moving to another county wound't help because you have to have a mental health check in any county that you have lived in over the past 10 years.

I am seriously considering ditching NJ, especially if Christie caves on any new laws. Sadly moving to another county wound't help because you have to have a mental health check in any county that you have lived in over the past 10 years.

I AM ditching NJ as soon as I feasibly can. The whole state can turn into one big Camden for all I care...

However... I do have good news: I just called the adjuster. She said the recovery of records is done, and they will begin processing requests next week. I hope they do it in order of submission, so the people who applied in early Sept. won't have to redo the fingerprints.

Still, I think we should all keep up some pressure on the phones.

However... I do have good news: I just called the adjuster. She said the recovery of records is done, and they will begin processing requests next week. I hope they do it in order of submission, so the people who applied in early Sept. won't have to redo the fingerprints.

Still, I think we should all keep up some pressure on the phones.

That is the best news ever. Thank you so much man. Appreciate the good news! I am sure they will be going in order. Hopefully they can bring on some extra staff if needed to clear the backlog.

@GD1147 & MX597TURBO...

I'm confused. I already have my FID card. This is just for two handgun permits. You don't have to get printed for each and every permit..