mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

Someone has to be shi**ing us here. You mean to tell me they have an entirely paper based system with no redundancy? What if there had been a fire (with nothing to restore) instead of a flood? Every mental heath record in Essex County would have gone to ashes with no chance to be replaced?

State government is run by retards and employs retards. Let's contact our legislators and ask them how they intend to keep this from happing again. Does anyone think it is finally time to invest in a fu**ing computer?

Well said handyman. But I wonder if the news and law makers find out about this mess they would turn it on us and laugh. They might even help postpone the whole process even some more. "Call that restoration company and give them a medal for slowing down all those gun nuts." I won't put it past them.

Well I sure hope that they come through tomorrow, but the Adjuster's office better do it in the order they received them because I've been waiting since early October and I know some people have been waiting even longer.

Bill Reiss is the estimator on the job, his cell is 973-769-1203

mchosi1, I also live in verona and have been waiting for a pistol permit since early october. our town detective in charge of firearms permits is a great guy and a family friend. according to him on friday, there are 60 premit/fid checks for our township. he has the actual permits ready to go as soon as he gets the green light. when i asked about the 30 day policy only applies if there is not an ongoing investigation and apparently due to damaged records this is considered on going.

i like this guy very much and trust his very much, but i have never heard of this "ongoing investigation" rule. maybe someone can enlighten me or is he just blowing smoke?

Remember guys, our local PDs are responsible for this legally. In the end.... the Chief of Police is the one responsible, according to NJ statute.

I wrote up a 3 to 4 page letter, detailing each statute. I have an odd situation, because I was a previous FPID holder and my FPID has been seized by my PD for 3+ months. Just FYI if anyone is in the *exact* same situation as me.... here is an excerpt of that letter, with all my private information removed:

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.11 Duplicate firearms purchaser identification card

(a) Persons shall apply for a duplicate firearms purchaser identification card to replace a lost, stolen or mutilated card, or in the case of a change of residence by the holder, within 30 days of such loss, theft, mutilation, or change of residence.

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.3 (a) "No person, other than" .... "shall receive, purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle, shotgun or antique cannon, other than an antique rifle or shotgun, unless that person possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card. No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of a rifle, shotgun or antique cannon, other than an antique rifle or shotgun, to a person other than a licensed or registered retail or wholesale dealer unless the buyer or receiver possesses and exhibits a valid firearms purchaser identification card."

Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.3a, I am unable to buy or sell firearms. This right has been denied without proper procedure, pursuant to N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.10 as I am unable to "possess and exhibit" FPID.

Good write up. Just one quick correction though. You can sell your guns as it is the buyer or receiver that requires the FPID. The seller does not require an FPID.

I just called too. This way our stories all match. Nancy said they came in about an hour ago, and that it was a person she could trust. She sounds like a real sweet lady, very friendly. She said that they are going to start looking at them and come up with a plan to get them out quickly.

NJ Criminal Code 2C:58-3 Purchase of firearms.

2C:58-3(f)Granting of permit or identification card; fee; term; renewal; revocation. The application for the permit to purchase a handgun together with a fee of $2, or the application for the firearms purchaser identification card together with a fee of $5, shall be delivered or forwarded to the licensing authority who shall investigate the same and, unless good cause for the denial thereof appears, shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if application has been made therefor, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application for residents of this State and within 45 days for nonresident applicants.

See the NJ State Statute above. There is no exemption for an "ongoing investigation". Your detective is incorrectly citing the statute. The issuing PD has 30 days to investigate, and after "unless good cause for the denial thereof appears, shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if the application has been made therefor, within 30 days". I see no exemption for ongoing investigations. I have studied these laws in great detail for 4 months, and I have never heard of anything besides what is written NJ Criminal Code 2C:58-3.

Thanks EMT, I already knew this but I wasn't sure if i was missing something. Thanks for clarifying!

maybe we'll see some paperwork being processed soon, finally!!!

Anyone have an update for today? Hoping Nancy has encouraging news for us on getting the ball rolling on the backlogged checks. I cant call from work unfortunatley.

I just called and got her voice mail. Maybe she is at lunch? Or on the phone with someone else from this forum LOL.

I was hoping that someone was able to get through and share a report... If check back later and if there is no news, I'll try again in a couple of hours. her number is: 973.621.4464. Be nice!

EDIT: I called today again around 2:45PM. No answer. Hopefully someone else had some luck,

I just called and got her voice mail. Maybe she is at lunch? Or on the phone with someone else from this forum LOL.

I was hoping that someone was able to get through and share a report... If check back later and if there is no news, I'll try again in a couple of hours. her number is: 973.621.4464. Be nice!

EDIT: I called today again around 2:45PM. No answer. Hopefully someone else had some luck,

I tried her 3x's today(morning, noon, and afternoon) and got the voice mail all 3x's.... Hope she is too busy to pick up the phone b/c she is processing mental record checks.

Took me about three months just to find this thread. Congrats everybody for doing such a great job keeping up the pressure. I've been waiting on West Orange since end of November. It's crazy that there are people who are waiting since EARLY october on records that were destroyed in LATE october.

Update: I called Nancy this morning @ 973-621-4464, no answer again!!! I then called the Risk Manager, Frank Del Gaudio @ 973-621-4427. He told me that they are working on the records diligently and have extra people to help speed things up. He estimates that the backlog will be cleared up in "hopefully 2 weeks".

Nancy is probably not answering the phone because they are hard at work trying to get stuff out the door., fingers crossed. I'm glad that they are expecting it to be cleared up in 2 weeks. Conveniently, that's around the same time that the proposed legislature is supposed to be voted on by the NJ Senate committee....Just my 2 cents...sorry to get off topic.

Update: I called Nancy this morning @ 973-621-4464, no answer again!!! I then called the Risk Manager, Frank Del Gaudio @ 973-621-4427. He told me that they are working on the records diligently and have extra people to help speed things up. He estimates that the backlog will be cleared up in "hopefully 2 weeks".

Cool Thanks mchosi1!

Cool Thanks mchosi1!

Folks! I spoke to Nancy @ 4:20pm today. She was not as hopeful as Frank. She did verify they have the records and said they are a mess and they have to organize them and then they will start the checks. She did not have a time frame on when they will be completed.

Someone else should try to call her tomorrow and get an update. I think she is sick of hearing my voice.

I called about the same time this afternoon and got the same answer. And yeah, i think she is getting sick of me too. Can someone put in some calls tomorrow, just to touch base and see where they might be?

I think at this point we are just interfering with getting the process up and running by constantly calling to see where they are at. Every call they have to take sets them back in getting what we want accomplished. Maybe we should let them do their jobs and only check once a week or so. I cannot see how constantly nagging them is going to get this done faster.

I just spoke to det. Victor (newark pd 9737336063) who said the system was still down and could be a few weeks till its back. Then he gave me maria guerreros number (asst. prosecutor 9736214746) and she said the same thing that the system is not up and running. Then she gave me the famous nancys number (9736214464) and nancy didnt pick up. Gentlemen we are being bamboozled . Has anyone received there fid yet? Mark my words until the governor votes on these new laws there will be no permits or fids issued. They dont want us buying stuff today that is banned tomorrow.

Im beginning to agree with you KevD. I too find it highly suspicious that the timeframe they have given us coincides with around the same time the state senate will be voting on the new gun legislation. Anyone know if we would be "grandfathered" in since we applied already? (In the event of new FID requirements passing the senate/Christie's desk)

Im beginning to agree with you KevD. I too find it highly suspicious that the timeframe they have given us coincides with around the same time the state senate will be voting on the new gun legislation. Anyone know if we would be "grandfathered" in since we applied already? (In the event of new FID requirements passing the senate/Christie's desk)

What date exactly will the state senate be voting on new gun legislation?

No. If you are waiting on an FID card now, and legislation passes that states that magazines are limited to 10 rounds, you will not be getting your FID after the fact and be capable of buying magazines of 15 rounds.

I too agree that we are being lied to. This is a bunch of BS.