mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

At least Frank is saying they are (a) received the records, (b) making progress, and © working hard to get checks started again. Below is the email I got this afternoon at 5:03pm.

-------------------------------

We did receive the records and we are working around the clock to sort and

begin the background checks.

Frank J. Del Gaudio

Risk Manager

County of Essex

465 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

Newark, NJ 07102

(973) 621-4427

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 1:39 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Essex County Mental Health Records Recovery

Mr. Del Gaudio,

I am writing just to get an update. As you know there is quite a bit of interest in these records.

Did you receive the records from Belford as you had hoped?

It would be good to be able to tell the public that Essex County is again

processing background checks.

Some people on the inside say its fixed others say it isnt . There all full of shit. Some people were told that hard copies were destroyed i was told it was the mental health computer. In which case there would have been back ups for all the information. This whole situation smells like a steaming pile. I dont believe anything detective victor the 300 pound puppet tells me or those tools maria and frank. It doesnt take 5 months to fix a computer. And i looked into the flooded area in newark and it was miles from the building where the records are kept. The government has lied about bigger things for these clowns this is peanuts.

I sent the following email to every media outlet i could possibly think of:

Title: ATTN: NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS EFFECTIVELY STRIPPED OF 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT

Hello,

My name is Michael. I am a resident of New Jersey. I’ve lived here for my entire life, and have never felt so betrayed by my state. New Jersey is a typical “blue state”. That means that on social issues, New Jersey leans blue. It also means that during presidential elections, more of our residents regularly pull for the Democrat. However, that does not mean that there are not conservative-minded people here in New Jersey. One of the rising stars in the Republican Party is our Governor, Chris Christie.

In any event, I am a gun owner. In New Jersey, in order to purchase a firearm, one must first acquire an FPID (Firearms Purchase Identification) card. Receiving one of these cards requires extensive background checks (criminal and mental health) and even a trip to the local police station to get fingerprinted. Once someone acquires this card, they are then allowed to purchase “long guns”, such as rifles and shotguns. Additionally, if a New Jersey resident is interested in purchasing and/or owning a handgun, they must also acquire a separate permit for each and every purchase. That means that they must already have their FPID card, and then they must go through the same system of background checks for a separate permit that is good for one (1) pistol purchase.

As you know, Hurricane Sandy ripped up through the east coast and caused a ton of damage. New Jersey was one of the states that took the most damage. According to New Jersey’s Essex County, part of the damage sustained was to the building in that county (Essex, the most populous) that holds the residents’ “mental health records”. These mental health records were apparently on index cards in the building’s basement. This hurricane happened in October of 2012. Six months later, the mental health records have not been restored to their previous status. There have been conflicting reports on whether or not they have even been restored at all. However, at the very least, we know that no mental health checks for firearm purchases have been undertaken since the storm hit.

I applied for a pistol permit during the month of September. According to law, my permit should have been granted to me within 30 days, before the hurricane even hit. Effectively, I, along with the rest of Essex County’s residents, have been stripped of our second amendment right to bear arms. Will this take another six months? Will a good portion of New Jersey go without their second amendment for an entire year? What does this mean for other states that are considering legislation similar to New Jersey’s? Will they all have to fear losing their constitutional right every time a storm hits? Furthermore, I must ask myself… If these records were for welfare recipients, would they have been restored yet? Or… would the state have withheld welfare payments for six months? I sincerely think that they are taking their time on this one. What about you?

Thanks for listening. I hope you can bring this to everyone’s attention. It sure does shine a light on the disturbing reality of liberal legislation.

Best,

Michael

I sent the following email to every media outlet i could possibly think of:

Title: ATTN: NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS EFFECTIVELY STRIPPED OF 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHT

Hello,

My name is Michael. I am a resident of New Jersey. I’ve lived here for my entire life, and have never felt so betrayed by my state. New Jersey is a typical “blue state”. That means that on social issues, New Jersey leans blue. It also means that during presidential elections, more of our residents regularly pull for the Democrat. However, that does not mean that there are not conservative-minded people here in New Jersey. One of the rising stars in the Republican Party is our Governor, Chris Christie.

In any event, I am a gun owner. In New Jersey, in order to purchase a firearm, one must first acquire an FPID (Firearms Purchase Identification) card. Receiving one of these cards requires extensive background checks (criminal and mental health) and even a trip to the local police station to get fingerprinted. Once someone acquires this card, they are then allowed to purchase “long guns”, such as rifles and shotguns. Additionally, if a New Jersey resident is interested in purchasing and/or owning a handgun, they must also acquire a separate permit for each and every purchase. That means that they must already have their FPID card, and then they must go through the same system of background checks for a separate permit that is good for one (1) pistol purchase.

As you know, Hurricane Sandy ripped up through the east coast and caused a ton of damage. New Jersey was one of the states that took the most damage. According to New Jersey’s Essex County, part of the damage sustained was to the building in that county (Essex, the most populous) that holds the residents’ “mental health records”. These mental health records were apparently on index cards in the building’s basement. This hurricane happened in October of 2012. Six months later, the mental health records have not been restored to their previous status. There have been conflicting reports on whether or not they have even been restored at all. However, at the very least, we know that no mental health checks for firearm purchases have been undertaken since the storm hit.

I applied for a pistol permit during the month of September. According to law, my permit should have been granted to me within 30 days, before the hurricane even hit. Effectively, I, along with the rest of Essex County’s residents, have been stripped of our second amendment right to bear arms. Will this take another six months? Will a good portion of New Jersey go without their second amendment for an entire year? What does this mean for other states that are considering legislation similar to New Jersey’s? Will they all have to fear losing their constitutional right every time a storm hits? Furthermore, I must ask myself… If these records were for welfare recipients, would they have been restored yet? Or… would the state have withheld welfare payments for six months? I sincerely think that they are taking their time on this one. What about you?

Thanks for listening. I hope you can bring this to everyone’s attention. It sure does shine a light on the disturbing reality of liberal legislation.

Best,

Michael

Great letter! I will write one and send it to Rush and Sean Hannity.

Welfare delays ? absolutely not ... How are they gonna buy rims and bling... God forbid there be no money for bling

LOL! If welfare checks were a week late, it would be all over the news, riots, and looting... We are waiting 5 months with no end in sight and not a peep, other than us 10 guys talking about it on this fourm.

Soo riot shall we ? .. Just tell me when and where.. .. But thats how most of essex treats its honest citizens .. I live in the ironbound and ive seen many nights there will be packs of gang members jus walkin the street and everyone jus tries to get outta there way and where are the police. Diners? Delis? Dunkin ds? .. But if i park half a foot into a bus stop i get a ticket, park more then 4 hrs in the same spot get a ticket, look at a cop the wrong way get a ticket.. because they can tell looking at me that i wont give them any trouble but the most obvious criminal go unbothered by any law enforcement .. The police dont even show up when you call. Im a local business owner theres fights weekly outside my place and where are the cops, sleeping on the job. The police in newark are uneffective and its about time that changed and maybe this city wouldnt be so bad.. They hassle us law abiding citizens with stupid gun laws ans long fid and pistol permit waits because we respect the law... The gangbanger are always getting tip toed around and plea bargaining there way outta jail time... Nowadays the law caters to criminals bottom line...

Soo riot shall we ? .. Just tell me when and where.. .. But thats how most of essex treats its honest citizens .. I live in the ironbound and ive seen many nights there will be packs of gang members jus walkin the street and everyone jus tries to get outta there way and where are the police. Diners? Delis? Dunkin ds? .. But if i park half a foot into a bus stop i get a ticket, park more then 4 hrs in the same spot get a ticket, look at a cop the wrong way get a ticket.. because they can tell looking at me that i wont give them any trouble but the most obvious criminal go unbothered by any law enforcement .. The police dont even show up when you call. Im a local business owner theres fights weekly outside my place and where are the cops, sleeping on the job. The police in newark are uneffective and its about time that changed and maybe this city wouldnt be so bad.. They hassle us law abiding citizens with stupid gun laws ans long fid and pistol permit waits because we respect the law... The gangbanger are always getting tip toed around and plea bargaining there way outta jail time... Nowadays the law caters to criminals bottom line...

Haha... Gangbangers in Newark have it better than us law abiding citizens. They don't have to wait for FID's or PP's and can care less about mental health checks!

By the lack of posts im guessing no one has gotten there fids or pps and it has now dawned on everyone the gravity of whats really going on .. Get ready for the next revolution/ civil war ..

Folks! I tried Nancy several times today and got her voicemail each time. I did speak to Frank, he told me that the company that did the restoration did not correctly file the mental health records and they are all out of order. Before checks will begin they will have to put the records back in order and there is no time table on when this will be done.... This is a nightmare!!!

What pisses me off is that while we are waiting for this cluster **** to get sorted out, the gun shortage just gets worse and worse, and now there are unexplained NICS delays reportedly up to 10-14 days and counting. I applied for 2 pistol permits, at this rate i think id be lucky to get ONE pistol in 90 days.

But personally i think they are just full of shit at this point. Excuse after excuse.

By the lack of posts im guessing no one has gotten there fids or pps and it has now dawned on everyone the gravity of whats really going on .. Get ready for the next revolution/ civil war ..

There's no need to be so melodramatic. All that's happening is we're getting screwed on the FID's and PP's. If you REALLY believed a revolution was coming, I'm sure you would have gotten out of Newark by now.

I haven't posted on here for a while, but I have been keeping up with the developments. I have accepted I'm not getting an FID. No lawyers or media outlets care. If having a gun is that important to you, you will have to move to another state. Even if you moved to another county in NJ, you won't be able to get a FID or PP because they check with the counties you used to live in. So all you can do is live with it or move to another state.

While all this is sinking in, just remember, these are the people you pay taxes to :)

Folks! Spoke to Nancy at 9:30am today, the records are filed and they stared checks yesterday and have started to send out results to police departments. The are going in alphabetical order and not in the order of when you filed for your FID and/or PP. They are up to letter C... Sorry for you guys that have a last name that starts with a Z!

This is a roller coaster!!!

Folks! Spoke to Nancy at 9:30am today, the records are filed and they stared checks yesterday and have started to send out results to police departments. The are going in alphabetical order and not in the order of when you filed for your FID and/or PP. They are up to letter C... Sorry for you guys that have a last name that starts with a Z!

i've been waiting since early october, i don't give a sh!t what order it's in, i want my PP, now! lol thanks for the update mchosi1!

From Scott Bach.

Date: March 26, 2013, 12:14:50 PM EDT

To: 'Colandro Anthony'

Subject: time sensitive - Essex County

Do you know of anyone in Essex County whose permit applications have not been processed for many months due to the damaged mental health records? I have a reporter who wants to speak to such a person.

Please contact him ASAP.

Ant

Thank you for the update. If they are up to C already it won't be more than a few weeks till they finish. I am still skeptical until someone on this forum gets their paperwork completed.

Thank you for the update. If they are up to C already it won't be more than a few weeks till they finish. I am still skeptical until someone on this forum gets their paperwork completed.

Same here. Im letter H...so hoping its within a week or two.