JoeTK37

50+ yds indoor????

After a week NICS finally came through and was able to pick up my first .22LR. I'd like to find an indoor range over the usual 25yd distance (preferably in the North Jersey area). I was planning on going up to the Davis range to break it in and stretch it out to 100yds, but I don't think i can do that with the new mag restrictions. So, does anyone have any recommendations for and indoor range over 25yds in the area? Thanks

BTW thats Davis Shooting Sports in NY, my bad for not clarifying

After a week NICS finally came through and was able to pick up my first .22LR. I'd like to find an indoor range over the usual 25yd distance (preferably in the North Jersey area). I was planning on going up to the Davis range to break it in and stretch it out to 100yds, but I don't think i can do that with the new mag restrictions. So, does anyone have any recommendations for and indoor range over 25yds in the area? Thanks

What mag restrictions??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OP is referring to the new mag restrictions in NY, where I believe that range is located. Oh crap, I hadn't even thought about the fact that we can't shoot in NY. Anyone know if we're OK bringing exsting 10 round mags and loading just seven rounds, as is required of NY residents?

Otherwise, you can hold out until Luciano's (or whatever it's called now) opens their range in Woodland Park in the spring. They are going to have at least a couple of 50 yard indoor ports.

The OP is referring to the new mag restrictions in NY, where I believe that range is located. Oh crap, I hadn't even thought about the fact that we can't shoot in NY. Anyone know if we're OK bringing exsting 10 round mags and loading just seven rounds, as is required of NY residents?

Otherwise, you can hold out until Luciano's (or whatever it's called now) opens their range in Woodland Park in the spring. They are going to have at least a couple of 50 yard indoor ports.

I stopped in the shop last week for some ammo, nice group of guys, looking forward to them opening the range since they're pretty close and easy to deal with

I was looking to shoot a new .22 long gun, not hand gun, and yes I was referring I was to the 7-round statue, whether its in effect now or later I'm assuming we can't use 10rd mags anywhere in NY

As a NJ resident you CANNOT BRING YOUR HANDGUN INTO NY

(unless under specific exception)

Isn't the restriction, when it takes effect, that you can only load up to 7 rnds in a 10 rnd magazine?

It's already in effect, just talked to a long time LEO friend last night. I was told that they can use the 10 round mag but just don't get caught loading more than 7, then we discussed how stupid that law is. (insert crazy face here)

Also visitors like me or the op can still use the 10 rounders but just don't load it more than 7.

*Disclaimer, I'm not a lawyer so don't take any of my statements as an advice, find out on your own.

I was told that they can use the 10 round mag but just don't get caught loading more than 7, then we discussed how stupid that law is. (insert crazy face here)

"Sir, We need to see your magazine. I believe you've loaded more than sev.." <BANG> <BANG> <BANG> ".. Here's my magazine officer, as you can see, no more than seven"

I called first and was told there was no problem going to Davis to use the range. The regulations aren't in effect yet, and according to the shop because they only allow 5 rounds to be loaded into a magazine anyway it remains a non-issue going forward.

Had a good day, was there for an about, only 2 other ports taken, one guy with a .223 AR and a twosome with a pump shotgun, made my little .22 seem silent