le_boudin

Dept. of Homeland Security Forced to Release List of Keywords Used to Monitor Social Networking Sites

The only thing you need to know about vi is :q! ..which should be followed with a sudo rm `which vi`;alias vi='nano'

Find / -name vi -rm -exec link -s /bin/nano {} ;

And I prefer my revolutions measured in BAMs.

And ford > Chevy.

And this thread is officially hijacked.

You run vi when your environment is broken and can't run a real editor.

Yeah, I use vi on a naked environment to get emacs installed (after getting everything else up to spec, gcc, etc. ) ;)

Of course, on a server, you would already have vi up and ready in case the load was 12x the CPU...

(SLOWaris!!!)

I should teach a class in computer forensic avoidance technologies, I am sure there are more than one on this forum that will cower when the brown shirts seize their computers (and firearms!). Sudo take my class.

The proper response to such action is dousing the hard drive in thermite and PVC piping/an unfortunate boating accident, respectively. :ph34r:

For all of those who use web (server) based email (such as gmail) exclusively or extensively, you may be interested to know that email in a server that is mor ethan 6 months old, is considered "abandoned" and as such can be accessed by "people" without a search warrant, even if you use the account regularly. This isn't the case if you use a client-side email program such as "Eudora", "Mail" or whatever.

so.. you have an email from a friend from spring 2012 that contains the words "obama" and "guns".. if it's on gmail (or whatever) it can be accessed without your knowledge. If you download it to your computer at home, it requires a search warrant.

Just a thought....

G