vladtepes

AR Parts Availability

how do you know they are in stock?

got someone working on something for me but will definitely check into that if the other does not pan out..

thanks!

Because it says add to cart?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I just need a BCG to finish my AR but people are just buying them up and gouging for them on ebay and gunbroker. Hope it all eases soon.

MC

I believe it will because of the following reason... these are domestically produced parts.. for the most part "parts" are not regulated... the actual firearm is.. so once the fear backs off OR people run out of money.. I imagine there will be a surplus...

i ordered on stags website 30rd ar mags pinned at 10...ordered them last night, have not heard back from them yet...typical out of stock message did not come up upon check-out, so it seems as if they are good to go...anyone experience this as well....i will keep you guys updated on ay progress

Ordered these 3 items from CMMG 1\1\13 when everything was in stock only to have a week pass with the updated backorder status for the barrel nut.. I asked them if they could take off the barrel nut so that I could get the other parts mostly the FSA but they said no because of all the orders they are currently processing..? Tempted to just get a low profile gas tube and sell the parts I have (handguard)

$7.95Processing

$49.95Processing

$14.95Processing

I believe it will because of the following reason... these are domestically produced parts.. for the most part "parts" are not regulated... the actual firearm is.. so once the fear backs off OR people run out of money.. I imagine there will be a surplus...

BCGs were in short supply before the election. It's going to take awhile for the supply of BCGs to recover.

Ordered these 3 items from CMMG 1\1\13 when everything was in stock only to have a week pass with the updated backorder status for the barrel nut.. I asked them if they could take off the barrel nut so that I could get the other parts mostly the FSA but they said no because of all the orders they are currently processing..? Tempted to just get a low profile gas tube and sell the parts I have (handguard)

$7.95Processing

$49.95Processing

$14.95Processing

that experience is exactly what I want to avoid.. lol

BCGs were in short supply before the election. It's going to take awhile for the supply of BCGs to recover.

So if there's a part we overpay for on gunbroker or whatever, that should be the part? You don't think they'll come back on the market in the next month or so?

MC

So if there's a part we overpay for on gunbroker or whatever, that should be the part? You don't think they'll come back on the market in the next month or so?

MC

I wouldn't pay GB prices for a BCG since they're not really a part that's going to get banned should a ban pass (which it won't). Just be signed up for email notifications from several places and you'll eventually get one at normal prices. And it's probably going to be a year before BCGs are normally in stock rather than out of stock.

So after following the arfcom bcg thread for like 2 weeks and not getting one (you have to be awake at 3:47am and they're gone in 2 minutes), I did place an order with Chattahoochie Gun Works who's site listed them in stock. It charged my paypal. I emailed them, they said nope, not in stock and told me to just cancel the order in paypal which I did. Not saying they did anything shady but they could've listed them as out of stock properly.

Then I figured wth and e-mailed the manufacturer (a well known BCG maker) and said hey, I had an order, but it wasn't in stock and paypal blah blah blah boo hoo poor me, and they said they'll have some in stock later this week. I assume they are intended to go to distributors, but she said she'd sell me one directly so problem solved it would seem. She charged me MSRP which is totally fine, it means I paid the same thing I would've from a dealer, and they made more margin so we're both happy in theory.

MC

So after following the arfcom bcg thread for like 2 weeks and not getting one (you have to be awake at 3:47am and they're gone in 2 minutes), I did place an order with Chattahoochie Gun Works who's site listed them in stock. It charged my paypal. I emailed them, they said nope, not in stock and told me to just cancel the order in paypal which I did. Not saying they did anything shady but they could've listed them as out of stock properly.

Then I figured wth and e-mailed the manufacturer (a well known BCG maker) and said hey, I had an order, but it wasn't in stock and paypal blah blah blah boo hoo poor me, and they said they'll have some in stock later this week. I assume they are intended to go to distributors, but she said she'd sell me one directly so problem solved it would seem. She charged me MSRP which is totally fine, it means I paid the same thing I would've from a dealer, and they made more margin so we're both happy in theory.

MC

Yep, alot of that going on in the industry right now too. Manufacturers ignoring existing POs by dealers and instead selling direct to retail because they can make more money. Not exactly good business ethics by the seller if you ask me.

Yep, alot of that going on in the industry right now too. Manufacturers ignoring existing POs by dealers and instead selling direct to retail because they can make more money. Not exactly good business ethics by the seller if you ask me.

I would agree with you but if they send 100 or 1000 of them to brownell's, and brownell's puts them online, some guy will buy 90% of them and then sell them on gunbroker for 2.5x msrp before the rest of us realize we could have had them. It would take a monumental effort on the part of the manufacturers AND the dealers to agree to fill the POs and then have the dealers put max quantity limits on the purchase quantities, but why would they it's easier to fill 1 order than 100.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on your side, I work for a company that manufactures marine equipment and our products are unique and availability is limited by what we can physically manufacture as a small company and we understand the importance of fulfilling our dealers orders despite the temptation of greater profit margin from direct sales, but if they (I still won't say it but somebody who's not me blew it up on arfcom and their phones are ringing off the hook) was willing to take my call, and sell to me direct something I would not otherwise be likely to get, I'm not going to say no. Now I paid MSRP for their match grade chrome full auto bcg, but I would've paid that same price anywhere, and she either said it would ship by the end of the week or I'd have it by the end of the week.

And by the way MidwestPX, you're very cool here in the forums, and if the climate didn't have me buying every piece of an AR from a different shop just to get what I need, without getting gouged, without getting shut out of a part, I'd totally buy from you. Hopefully when things settle down... I could sure use some 30 rnd pmags shipped to my PA apartment.

Thanks!

MC