checko

IDPA with carbine?

IDPA has recently released rules for 3 gun competitions. While it remains a primarily pistol sport, yes there is a rifle division.

Do you have any other info or a website I can look at? Who runs one, pistol only calibers, etc? I couldn't find anything on the idpa page.

http://www.idpa.com/Documents/IDPA_DMG_rules_07062010.pdf

I don't know of any clubs shooting strictly the rifle portion. I may have misunderstood your original post, you can not substitue the pistol for a carbine in a pistol course of fire. For the IDPA Defensive Multi Gun (DMG) rules; a course of fire may start with one gun and end with another. Example, You have 5 rounds in your rifle, when it runs dry go to your pistol.

The local matches are run by good people. If you don't have a pistol but want to try IDPA with a carbine you can reach out to the match director and ask. You wouldn't be scored with the pistol shooters but it's still fun. This would be up to the director and the range rules would have to be taken into consideration.

It doesn't hurt to ask.

I shot IDPA at OB a few times and there was someone shooting a carbine 223/556 each time. I didn't have one at the time so I didn't ask about it but I would guess they will do it again when OB starts back up.

Bob Hess isn't going to be doing the IDPA, I don't remember the guys name but I am almost positive it wasn't Bob.

I shot IDPA at OB a few times and there was someone shooting a carbine 223/556 each time. I didn't have one at the time so I didn't ask about it but I would guess they will do it again when OB starts back up.

Bob Hess isn't going to be doing the IDPA, I don't remember the guys name but I am almost positive it wasn't Bob.

That is pretty much what I was talking about. I haven't looked much into 3g cause I wanted to get adjusted to one area at a time. Lol