Malsua

Geico cancels gun mfg auto policy because he's in the firearms business

Glad I have NJ manufacturers but I'd definitely want to dump Geico after this bs.

------------------------------

------GEICO Insurance Cultural Marxist Hypocrisy – Gun Manufacturer Auto Policy Cancelled Because He Is In Firearm Business….

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/01/23/geico-insurance-cultural-marxist-hypocrisy-gun-manufacturer-auto-policy-cancelled-because-he-is-in-firearm-business/

Because he makes gun parts for a living this policy holder received a letter from GEICO cancelling his auto insurance. The letter says his auto insurance is being cancelled because he owns a company that manufactures parts for firearms:

(fyi, to insure the authenticity I have submitted a copy along with a request for verification to GEICO via email – we’ll see their response)

geico-768x1024.jpg?w=640&h=853

“The reason for cancellation is your vehicle [...] does not meet our underwriting guidelines because it is used in conjunction with a company that deals in the weapons industry

Get that?

OK, well, take a look at this:

geico-military-alliance.jpg?w=640&h=409

Can you get more affiliated with a company that deals with “the weapons industry” than the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, or Dept of Defense (DoD) ?

humor-in-nature10.gif?w=640

Then again, this is the ideological GEICO - Meanwhile…. back in Hollywood here is the latest Trailer for their movie “

“. The movie portrays gun violence as exciting and cool. It even includes, wait for it….. a movie theater spree shooting, which is supposed to be, well, funny.

Personally, I think this looks fake. Who performed the redaction and what are the Zip Codes? Why is a letter from Fredericksburg VA directing a man in Michigan to seek coverage from a Montana insurance policy located in California? Also, there are grammatical inconsistencies, plus horrible pixelation.

Benefit of the doubt, if this is real, there are still a lot of questions - such as, was this a commercial vehicle registered as personal use? Did he pay his premiums? What were the terms of the insurance contract he agreed to? If his coverage specifically stated, "No Guns," and he used it to transport guns, GEICO has every right to cancel his policy.

Sorry, not trying to kick sand in anyone's face, but I need more info.

I saw this earlier on a blog and decided not to post it - the blog it was originally published on pulled it down as well with the statement that it "didn't pan out".

I believe the letter is genuine but I do NOT believe it is related to anti-gun sentiment or policy at Geico.

The other version of the letter image I've seen is higher resolution and you can see the underlying text "bleed" through the black marker enough to read all of it. The company name is indeed firearms related.

If you look at the lower right, the letter indicates it was generated on December 6th, prior to the Newtown shooting.

I think the letter is likely related to the owner having represented the vehicle as personal use only and GEICO discovering it is used for business purposes, with "deals with the weapons industry" merely intending to show that they know the business the vehicle is being used with and not to imply that anything is inherently wrong with that business.

It's apparently real and I saw online today and I can't find where Geico responded:

1) it is a commercial policy (for a business)

2) This policy was liability only

3) Commercial vehicles transporting firearms, hazardous materials and valuables (money, jewels, etc...) all require full coverage on the car....not just liability per underwriting and insurance industry standards.

4) The customer was advised they werein the breach of contract and offered a full policy.

5) They refused.

6) Geico cancelled them on December 6 ...... Well over a week before Newtown.....giving well over the 30 day notice required

7) Geico stated they insure many gun stores, suppliers and private parties with guns.

3) Commercial vehicles transporting firearms, hazardous materials and valuables (money, jewels, etc...) all require full coverage on the car....not just liability per underwriting and insurance industry standards.

4) The customer was advised they werein the breach of contract and offered a full policy.

5) They refused.

6) Geico cancelled them on December 6 ...... Well over a week before Newtown.....giving well over the 30 day notice required

Thanks, that sounds like the full story.

It's apparently real and I saw online today and I can't find where Geico responded:

1) it is a commercial policy (for a business)

2) This policy was liability only

5) They refused.

7) Geico stated they insure many gun stores, suppliers and private parties with guns.

I thought there might be more to this. Any links on that confirmation though?

Good thing I got the full story. I was a bit torn on this one.. cuz I've had gieco for years, and recently tried shopping around with an independent agent, and the lowest she could find was almost $2000 more per year than Geico with the same coverages. So I stayed.

knock on wood, I never had to make a full claim through them.. only 1 windshield claim, 1 roadside assistance, and 1 towing claim.. and those were all fast and painless.. and their customer service is 24/7 which is nice.

I looked over the notice and it seems legit.

They give at least 45 days advance notice for a non renewal.

They refer the insured to the state Assigned Risk pool as an option, and AIPSO lists the adminsitators of the MT AR Plan in San Fran at the address listed on the notice.

I looked over the notice and it seems legit.

They give at least 45 days advance notice for a non renewal.

They refer the insured to the state Assigned Risk pool as an option, and AIPSO lists the adminsitators of the MT AR Plan in San Fran at the address listed on the notice.

so you must be an insurance agent too lol