Slingshots are 100% illegal. I wanted one (Thank you Chvl67 for the link)

We with FPID cards can purchase as many shotguns and rifles as we want and a handgun every month, but somehow we can't be trusted with a slingshot. Nor can we be trusted with pepper spray if the can is more than 3/4 ounces!

handgun = okay

slingshot = crime

ounce of pepper spray = crime

:banghead:

Doesn't fit the narrative. What we need are commercials on TV specifically outlining the BS law abiding citizens in NJ have to jump through to exercise our Constitutional RIGHTS.

This ^^^ times a thousand. Can we put the NJ2AS video "The Never-ending Saga of Firearms Ownership in New Jersey" or something similar on TV?

Before I became a NJ gun owner. I thought that you could just go into the store or go online and buy one and carry it without a permit. 2nd amendment and all.

I had NO idea.

I suspect most people who don't own guns are the same. They think it's the wild west out here and they don't know of all the laws and restrictions.

And the media will never tell them.

Please let's fix this. What would it take for NJ2AS to put a TV commercial together?

when you ask the average NJ voter what NJ gun laws are, they have ZERO idea!...They're totally uniformed, and you can bet the preamble of the poll doesn't tell them!

This. Uninformed people have formed a law-requesting lynch mob.

Does anyone know what the process is for citizens to address the legislature? Can some of our more eloquent, well-versed-in-the-law members actually show up while they're talking about the bill and ask the anti's to explain exactly why they support each and every part of the bill?