Sign in to follow this  
Combat Auto

870/Slugs at 150 Yards Fact or Fiction?

With Lightfield Hybred Elite slugs through an 870 with the Mossberg ported slug barrel and Nikon Buckmaster scope, I've taken quite a few deer at 180-200

yards. With a little practice determining hold over, it can be done quite consistantly. Unsupported makes it much more difficult than with some type of rest.

With Lightfield Hybred Elite slugs through an 870 with the Mossberg ported slug barrel and Nikon Buckmaster scope, I've taken quite a few deer at 180-200

yards. With a little practice determining hold over, it can be done quite consistantly. Unsupported makes it much more difficult than with some type of rest.

Nice!

My longest shot on a deer was 120-125yds with an 870. That was with a 1-4x scope though.

That's nice shootin' for a mere mortal. In the field when you reach out to 125 it's a lot different than off the bench.

That's a nice job Jon! Slug specific guns (Savage 220 and such) reach out close to 200 yds but it relies lots on the shooter.

The woman in the OP's vid has some skills off hand at 150yds