Hello All,

I am not a wordsmith and would like some who are more eloquent to help with a letter that I want to send to our elected officials, both here in NJ and in Washington. I would appreciate all the help I can get to make the most of my points.

Thanks.

To My Esteemed Elected Representatives,

As you consider the bills on gun control that are currently before you I would ask that you think about the people that it would effect before you vote on them. Nothing, including confiscation will bring back the children of Newtown Ct. or protect the people of the next deranged individual who wants to be a household name and get their fifteen minutes of fame. Criminals will always find a way and an instrument. What you will do is create a whole new class of criminals. These criminals will be from the taxpaying class, people who contribute to society. People who enjoy shooting, people who want to be able to spend the day at the range with their family and know that when they return that they can also protect their family from the evil that will always be in our society.

This new class of criminals will be me, and millions like me. My wife and I both work hard on our careers. We have a nice house in New Jersey that we pay taxes on. We support charities that we think are worthy and try and help our neighbors. We have three beautiful children. I am a veteran that proudly served our great nation. Two of our children are currently serving this great country and have sworn to uphold the constitution as I did many years ago. We are the people that you will outlaw if you pass these unconstitutional bills. I have semi-automatic weapons. They are not "assault weapons" which is a term made up by people who know nothing of guns. The only way that my weapons could be assault weapons is if someone with malice in their heart used them for an ungodly purpose. A bat can be an assault weapon, as can a pen.

I don't think it is fair, or democratic to condemn an object for an act of evil. If you want to amend the Constitution there is a process for that.

I was raised to take responsibility for my actions and that is how I raised my children. You and you alone are responsible for what you do, be it good or bad. I think we need to get back to putting responsibility where it belongs, with the person who commits these actions.

I for one will not surrender my rights. So if your intention is to make me a criminal, I will stand fast and suffer the consequences of my choices and actions. I am not alone and this issue is creating a very divisive problem for citizens that want to be law abiding but see no choice but to make a stand. I myself do not want to endanger my way of life or that of my family, but what kind of role model would I be for my family if I didn't stand up for what is the right thing and not the easy one? I ask that you do what you have sworn to do and uphold the Constitution and not what you may think is the easy path.

Sincerely,

I am not a wordsmith and would like some who are more eloquent to help with a letter that I want to send to our elected officials, both here in NJ and in Washington.

Jimmy:

I've got to disagree. That is a most eloquent letter, and one you should be more than proud to sign your name to, without changing one word. Excellent and from the heart.

Adios,

Pizza Bob