JMD416

Sig P226 MK25

Go for it, I have been on the fence with one for awhile too. I just cannot afford that pistol now. I have 3 other guns coming fairly soon. I will have one down the road a piece, at least some variation of a Sig 226 and a 229 for that matter. I have a Sig 1911 traditional and love it. SO I say go for it and don't look back!! Good Luck!!

I had a 226 in .40 in the past. Was very reliable, and feels great in the hand. I sold it cause I am not down with DA/SA action guns anymore, and found the controls to be awkward after getting used to my Glocks and 1911s. The grip itself felt great in the hand, but didn't care for the very high bore axis.

SIG QC went down the crapper in the mid 2000s compared to the top notch quality they were known for years prior. Not sure how they are today overall, but the MK25 is supposed to be solid.

Just make sure you are comfortable with the DA to SA transition after the first shot if you go with a SIG.

Not for nothing but actually like the da/sa. I'm not professional with guns, home protection and the range is what I have them for. But I like the idea that if I could carry, the first pull would be heavy, and after that light. Accompanied by the SRT, follow up shots would be quick and easy if necessary. But to each their own.

Not for nothing but actually like the da/sa. I'm not professional with guns, home protection and the range is what I have them for. But I like the idea that if I could carry, the first pull would be heavy, and after that light. Accompanied by the SRT, follow up shots would be quick and easy if necessary. But to each their own.

The real safety is with adequate training. Namely, making sure you have an ingrained habit of leaving your finger well outside the trigger guard until you decide to shoot.

The DA/SA can be mastered, but it definitely takes more practice for most people. If you go with this type of action, be sure to practice constantly with both trigger pulls. Don't get lulled into a false sense of confidence by only shooting in SA mode. I see this all too often. People rave about how well they can shoot DA guns, and I come to find out that they have not fired a single shot in DA mode.

Like I previously stated, I am no professional to this sport. I have ordered a Springfield Armory XD which is double action only so once I get to shoot that a bit I will have a bit more knowledge on which I like better. As of now my DA only gun is a 22 so I could give a valid point to which I like better. The Sig P226 does have a DA only setup. I do believe its a mod that you have to pay for but if that is the only someone would not want this gun I think that is stupid. I would suggest to anyone, shoot before you buy.

I have ordered a Springfield Armory XD which is double action only

Actually, the XD is a single-action only. The striker is completely cocked when the slide cycles and all the trigger is doing is moving the block and releasing the striker. Likewise for the Walther PPQ's.

Glocks, M&P's, Steyrs, Carracals all only partially cock the striker. When the trigger is pulled, it retracts the striker the remaining distance, moves the block and releases the striker. Thus they are considered to be double action (or in Glock parlance, "safe action") only.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have the 229 and love it, I haven't had a jam yet! The gun is sweet, and the MK25? I LOVE IT!!! The fact that the anchor is engraved on it makes it awesome! only downside is, that little stamps a few hundred to the total, buy a used one for sure first, or at least fire one before you buy it 1000$ bucks is a lot to throw down if your not sure!

Actually, the XD is a single-action only. The striker is completely cocked when the slide cycles and all the trigger is doing is moving the block and releasing the striker. Likewise for the Walther PPQ's.

Glocks, M&P's, Steyrs, Carracals all only partially cock the striker. When the trigger is pulled, it retracts the striker the remaining distance, moves the block and releases the striker. Thus they are considered to be double action (or in Glock parlance, "safe action") only.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

After looking into it more, you are correct. The XD has the feel of a double action due to its long trigger pull but being striker fired it is classified as a SA trigger. I found a good read here: http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/www.Pete-357.com/xddasa.htm

That explains the difference in the XD trigger from the Glock trigger.