rauchman

Converted another one!

Greetings,

Took my friend Alexandria to the Bullet Hole last weekend for her 1st ever shooting experience. Brought a PPQ, M&P40 (used it w/ M&P9mm barrel) and a Gen3 G19.

She wound up shooting w/ the G19 the best, followed closely by the PPQ. We met over my place and had her fondle a bunch of pistols and settled on the above. Also went through some gun safey handling procedures. While at the range, we put a standard Q target out about 7-10 yards. As expected, she was all over the place. Towards the end of the session, she was able to put 5 rounds in a 4" circle. She did great for her 1st time out! She thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

We parted ways when we got to my place. A couple of hours later she called me to express her frustration that her local PD's records room wasn't open on Sat to get her permit paperwork. She picked it up 1st thing Monday morning.

This will make 3 women that I've now introduced to firearms and where they went ahead and bought a handgun. Actually, 2 handguns each so far. Total tally is now at 7 or so people.

As an aside, I find it telling how many people have approached me for info on firearms since the beginning of the CT shooting craziness. It seems that w/ the threat of possible gun control laws, many people are becoming interested in excercising their 2A rights.

have a girl friend from high school that went and put in for her FID and a P2P. her husband put in for both also. I returned the completed reference forms to the PD last week and they go for prints 1st week in Feb. looking forward to taking them out for the same type of experience :)

same thing, since then i have had 3 coworkers ask me how to apply for fid. several friends ask me to help them find their first rifle. tons of info people are asking for. tons of people to join the nra and nj2as. my brother who owns no guns but has shot mine several times and has his id is interested in buying an ar variant.

The present political climate pushed me to act. The Constitution is being ignored and trampled upon. Each crisis is another excuse to jam through leglisation and exert powers which weaken our rights. So, while I still have the right I am going to pursue my right to bear arms.

I think women are afraid of loud noise, more so than men.

Helps if they double up on the ear protection.

Possibly, but that hasn't been my experience. Once the newbie (regardless of whether or not it's a guy or gal) shoots a couple of mags and gets past the "shock" of shooting a firearm, they adjust pretty well.

Based on the replies here, as well as my own experience, I find it encouraging that people who would have otherwise not moved forward w/ the idea of getting a gun, are now starting to do so. Excellent work everyone on bringing more people into the fold!