Recon Racoon

Email from Assemblyman Rible 30th District

Sent out a mass email today, and got an actual response from an Assemblyman.

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control which has been the focus of considerable debate since the tragedy that occurred in Connecticut.

Please know that I am an ardent supporter of the right to bear arms which is guaranteed by our Constitution. As such, I am opposed to enacting new gun laws which are aimed at restricting the rights of law-abiding gun owners instead of addressing the actions of criminals.

As you may be aware, I have also been fighting to prevent the personal information of legal gun owners from being made public which could make gun owners more likely to be targeted by criminals. Further, as you are likely aware, President Obama has issued a number of executive orders that place additional restrictions on gun owners.

While I am unable to vote on federal legislation, please know that I will take your views into consideration should any bill related to gun rights come before me for a vote in the Assembly.

Thank you again for your correspondence and please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance in this or any other matter.

Sincerely,

David P. Rible

Assemblyman, 30th District

So....good or what?

I posted one earlier about the reply I got from my assemblyman Michael Patrick Carroll in the 25th (Morris County) which was similarly positive.

Carroll is a great guy, and totally pro-gun. If he ever tries to run for something higher, support him.

I posted one earlier about the reply I got from my assemblyman Michael Patrick Carroll in the 25th (Morris County) which was similarly positive.

Ribel and Carol were the only two I got a response from. Everything else was a canned response saying how my comments were important to them.

Got an actual reply from DiMaio today. I was very surprised to open my email when I got home to see one.

Dear Mr. Gralley:

Thank you for your email expressing your opposition to stricter gun laws such as legislation recently signed into law in New York. To date, legislation has not come before me for consideration however, please be assured that I continue to support the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution and do not believe this is the answer to reducing violent criminal acts.

I would prefer representatives at both the state and federal level focus efforts on mental health care, substance abuse prevention, and education reform.

Regards,

John DiMaio