Bbott

Wrong serial number on handgun permit!!

Take the gun and permit back to them for the correction. :unknw:

ETA: They actually type the info on the permit?

Yes, on the handgun purchase permit. One section the PD fills in, and the other section the dealer fills in. One field is the gun type and serial number. I'll call Caso's tomorrow.

im not old but i think i might be one of the few people my age that has actually seen and used a typewriter before.

as for the situation just call the shop and have them correct the issue. and check everything in the future before you leave the shop. the gun the box and the p2p.

I bought a handgun privately a few months ago. A week or so after the fact, I got a call from the State Police asking me to verify the serial number as it didn't reflect the proper format of the manufacturer. I checked the SN while they were on the phone and sure enough, the prefix was written incorrectly on the permit. He thanked me for verifying and said he would contact my local PD to update them as well. No other action was necessary. The LEO was very cool, he could tell I was nervous and talked me off the ledge :-)