7-3-2

sp2022 for next purchase? 40 vs 9mm?

Hey guys, so whenever EPD calls me to tell me my permit is in I think I have my eyes set on the sig SP2022. I wanted the walther ppq, but I think my wife in going to get that sexy little shooter and well (outside of my revolver) I dont have a hammer fired handgun. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with one and what their thoughts are on it.

On a side note, as of now I only shoot 9mm but with the obvious shortage of ammo and the fact that I wouldn't mind just having a little change in my routine I was thinking about maybe going for the 40 s&w version (the only real reason I haven't before is 9mm fits my budget better) are there any 9mm guys out there that have gone down this road before? Just want to make sure I dont do anything Ill regret in the future.

I have a few calibers and like u said.. What fits the budget.. I love shooting 45 and .380 out of a small gun is fun, but 9mm just makes the most sense to my wallet. Outside of 22 that is. I reload which is the only reason I would consider 40 but have yet to pull the trigger on it. I've not shot 40 enough to decide on that round for myself. Nick c used to have a 2022 don't think he kept it but a few months. Don't know if he had issues or his taste just got expensive.

I figure while 40 might be a bit more expensive it might not be horrible to shoot both calibers, especially when it gets rough to get your hands on 9mm (times like now). Plus I also worry that the scarcity of 9mm will result in higher prices due to demand and close the gap between the two rounds even further.

I still have my 2022 in 9mm. Great first gun, very reliable and eats everything. I just decided to get into steel and USPSA and it's not the best platform for competition stuff. If you ever make it down to Old Bridge i'd be happy to let you try it out.

Well I am far from an expert, but I just got a Glock G22 (.40 cal). My thought process was I was able to shoot it just as well as a 9mm and it has a little better stopping power for HD. Also if you look online lately you just about can't find any 9mm but there is some .40 cal out there and the price of the .40 cal is actually lower than a lot of the 9mm. I'm getting a 9mm conversion barrel for it so if 9mm ever becomes cheaper and available again I can use that too.

I have one in 9mm and its a great gun. I picked 9mm just cause of the cost to practice.

Same here. Got a great deal from PSA. Sent to Vinny near freehold. I have shot about 200 rounds through it, and it just keeps getting better. Can't go wrong. I need 2 more mags though :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm bad to ask this because I really like the SP2022 and have all three calibers it's been produced in (9mm, .40S&W, and .357Sig). It was designed for the 9mm round, and I can attest that mine in 9mm is the most accurate shooter I've ever bought straight out of the box!

I'm bad to ask this because I really like the SP2022 and have all three calibers it's been produced in (9mm, .40S&W, and .357Sig). It was designed for the 9mm round, and I can attest that mine in 9mm is the most accurate shooter I've ever bought straight out of the box!

Good to know .... I think the gun is a steal even at it current price.

I have had one in 9mm for about 7 years - bought it before the prices came down. It now has about 8K rounds through it and I've never changed a spring or anything. It always shoots anything I feed it, and with a 15 rd mag, it's a nice bedside gun.

You will not be disappointed no matter what you pay for it.