fatty

Mosin T53 barrel: is this an obstruction in the barrel?

Just picked up my Type 53 and after trying to clean the snot out of it I see that there's something possible in the barrel.

I ran a thing metal rod down the muzzle end to see if i could feel anything but i can't really tell how far down it is.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this in their mosin barrels? It looks likes it's above the surface so i'm assuming this is a no-go to shoot unless i can clear it out?

is it possible for the barrel to pit that large?

What would you guys recommend to clean the bore with? I've pretty much cleaned everything but the bore.

post-5071-0-74293200-1361650907_thumb.jpg

post-5071-0-58898500-1361650917_thumb.jpg

post-5071-0-51198000-1361650923_thumb.jpg

It looks more like a chunk missing from the bore rather then an obsctrution to me but it may just be the picture.

Google eletro bore cleaning , you can make your own it's fairly easy and will remove any build up that may be in there.

the best thing for this type of stuff is stainless steel bore brushes . I see them at gun shows now and then. They dont give out like the brass brushes .

JTY if you want to take a ride today PM me I have a few 30 cal ones

I was gonna suggest this. Had a similar issue with a 1903 i bought, got some Stainless brushes and bore polish from Brownells and between the polish and the stainless brush everything cleaned up nicely..