Sign in to follow this  
skweetis

What's the 2a/firearms situation in Pennsylvania?

So it seems that this anti-2a plague is sweeping through not only the northeast and mid-atlantic, but also some relatively unexpected places as well. One place I don't seem to see much press out of is PA.

I know there are several PA guys on here who are quite knowledge in the firearms-law-arcanity dept. (as well as some NJ people too of course). I take occasional glances over at PAFOA, but did not see anything glaringly bad jump out re. anti-2a goings-on (that's of course in relative comparison to here!).

So my question to those in the know - what, in a nutshell, are your thoughts and/or opinions on the 2a/firearm situation in Pennsylvania; past trending, currently, and where it might likely go in the future, both politically and practically?

thanks,

Dave

Pennsylvania needs to be careful. The uber liberal hippy jerk-offs are ending up all over the north-east part of the state. I fear it could become the Illinois of the east coast. Harrisburg is a trash dump, Philidelphia is scary and Stroudsburg is becoming Newark.

It's horrible. We're dying! Do yourself a favor and stay away. There's about a 50/50 chance it will be worse than jersey by the end of 2013. Try Ohio instead!

that settles it...I am moving to Pennsy

It's horrible. We're dying! Do yourself a favor and stay away. There's about a 50/50 chance it will be worse than jersey by the end of 2013. Try Ohio instead!

Tryin' to keep the Jersey riff-raff away.

It won't work.

what-you-did-there-i-see-itthumbnail.jpg

I almost took that seriously and felt really depressed. ...Then I read it again. My family has been contemplating a move for a while now and has put me in charge of scouting some places out. PA will be my first look. :onthequiet:

PA has the state constitution guaranteeing the right to keep and bear arms as an advantage.

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

I think that the libs from Philthy are going to chip away as much as they can though. They already took away Florida nonresident CCW reciprocity. Who knows where they'll go from there.

I recently talked with a few people at my "home away from home" range in Pa. and they're not happy campers. Many view the current climate of government as over-reaching and intrusive. They are looking at what is happening in other states and are very concerned about an attack on their 2nd Amendment rights as well. The shortage of ammo has gotten the attention of many. Gun sales and range memberships have sky-rocketed. Many are upset that big cities like Philly, Pittsburgh, and Harrisburg are pushing their gun-control agenda onto the rest of the state. Many sum up their opposition with the phase "from my cold dead hands".

I've owned in PA for 21 years now. It has changed the Poconos are now known as Brooklyn west. All kinds of trash has moved up there. Riots in the schools are a once a year thing now drugs and gangs have moved into the smaller cities. With that type of people breeds a dependency on government. The independant type people that once lived there are moving out being replaced with the dependant class. They dont like to blame themselves for there situation so they demand Govt do something.

Naturally blaming the gun instead of there sweet children is par for the course. So expect changes. I bought a beautiful home up there with the idea of retiring there one day. That dream is gone. When my daughter no longer enjoys the summer there I will sell it and look elsewhere.