MedicYeti

M14 Question

The "M14S-Type" is specifically named as banned and thus illegal.

There is a clarification in the law regarding the Springfield M1A as legal, since the M1A has some minor differences preventing full auto fire. M1A is also specifically a Springfield rifle and they won't sell a stripped receiver.

SEI (Smith Enterprises Inc) makes an "M14" receiver, no "S".

I have not found much info about the difference between M14 and M14S.

Does anyone have personal knowledge of the difference?

Most of the guns on the ban list are there only because that is the only guns the chuckleheads that wrote the law knew of. Or, thats teh ones that where in the news at the time.

The Ruger mini14 is banned by name but the ruger ranch rifle is good to go. In case you didn't know, they are teh same exact thing!

Same thing with the AK47. The clone guns made by saiga and others are the same thing but they are legal since it doesn't say AK47 on it. Its really kinda stupid witch makes it appropriate in this stupid state.

Ken

There is a Norinco M1A for sale at my LGS for about $1500 I think. Looks really nice.

They are nice but the imports should be half the price of less then the Springfields themselves.

Now I know things are crazy but the standard M1A's arent going for $3000.00, the Socom II's are in

the mid to mid to high 2k's.

Most of the guns on the ban list are there only because that is the only guns the chuckleheads that wrote the law knew of. Or, thats teh ones that where in the news at the time.

The Ruger mini14 is banned by name but the ruger ranch rifle is good to go. In case you didn't know, they are teh same exact thing!

Same thing with the AK47. The clone guns made by saiga and others are the same thing but they are legal since it doesn't say AK47 on it. Its really kinda stupid witch makes it appropriate in this stupid state.

Ken

the mini 14 isnt banded