jto966

Vortex StrikeFire Red/Green Dot w/ Low Mount SFRD-HUNT

https://www.primaryarms.com/Vortex_StrikeFire_Red_Green_Dot_w_Low_Mount_SFRD_p/sfrd-hunt.htm

It's under $200 so for me it seems like a great deal... but will it fit/mount on my DDM4V5

I'm wondering it I remove my iron sites, Can I just mount this on? And which magnifier should I choose?

I know your going to ask.. I want to be able to used in for HD, close quarters AND at the range.

Let me know your opinions, or it there something else MORE reliable for the same money after the addons (like the maginifier etc....)

THANKS ALL.

Vortex seems to have a good rep around the forums. Great warranty too. If you use the Cantilever mount all the way forward on your upper receiver you should have room for a magnifier and back up sights. I use a vortex 3x magnifier and my mbus fit JUST under with the standard mount. I've since switched to a flip to the side mount which is a little higher. Plenty of clearance for my sights.

If this is the optic you plan on using on the weapon you have designated for HD keep your iron sights or get a set of BUIS, you are going to need them.

You spent money on an a quality Carbine. Why go cheap on the optic?

Bam

correct sir

We all do this,, we don't explain what we really want the IT for.

I would like a lower cost optic to be able to use for HD AND at the range.. is that possibe? I have iron sights and most tell me I don't need the optics, but I was looking around and saw these so I'm just wondering. And your right I have a nice rifle,, pricey why choose a cheap optic.. I guess I'm just being fro-ogle..

I didn't want to spend $1000 for a scope,, money is tight now and would like the best options for something much less.

Think about it.. if I say I needed it for HD,, do I really need to spend $1000.. something that will get me through that mess would suffice,, then on the other hand,, I don't want crap so I'm thinking

something for the range to 100 or 200 would be nice too. Is there such a scope? Seriously can't afford to spend over $500.. If there are options out there let me know.

And thanks in advance.

I have the Vortex SPARC and Strikefire - both are very good scopes for the price.

I got the strikefire from PSA - http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/sights-optics/red-dot-scopes/vortex-optics/vortex-strikefire-red-green-dot.html

Includes the high mount for absolute cowitness with my iron sights.

The Bushnell TRS25 for $80 will do what you want. The vortex is good, too. You should be able to hit a standard playing card at 50 yards with it. With practice, maybe out to 100 yds.

I enjoy shooting with the RDS much more than the iron sights.