Adam

Looking to join a range.

I already belong to Dix and will be joining Phillipsburg in the near future.

I'm looking to join something closer. I was going to join OBRPC tomorrow but now reading up on it, i dont care for the hoops and hurdles to join. I want to shoot for fun when i want too. Maybe introduce a few friends to shooting and thats it. Don't care for the policy of "must attend" or "must participate" in events. I don't care how many it is, or how much fun it is if I wanted to shoot competitions I'll do it on my own, not because i have to.

If there is a way around those requirements, I'm all in for OBRPC

What other clubs are there around Monmouth County/close to it. I'm in Hazlet/Union Beach, Dix is exactly 1 hour and Pburg is exactly 1.5hr.

Any ideas??

Central jersey rifle and pistol club. Best club in the state and as close as Dix. You will actually save $$ by not staying at dix cause cjrpc is a better range.

Let me know if you'd like me to show you around.

I already belong to Dix and will be joining Phillipsburg in the near future.

I'm looking to join something closer. I was going to join OBRPC tomorrow but now reading up on it, i dont care for the hoops and hurdles to join. I want to shoot for fun when i want too. Maybe introduce a few friends to shooting and thats it. Don't care for the policy of "must attend" or "must participate" in events. I don't care how many it is, or how much fun it is if I wanted to shoot competitions I'll do it on my own, not because i have to. During a six-month probation period you have to show-up at (5) Leagues and only shoot (2-3). It's no big deal, everybody does it. I did it in a month and I shot every match--Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun...

If there is a way around those requirements, I'm all in for OBRPC The people to ask (Membership Chairman & his Committee) are AT tomorrow's Sign-Up, NOT on this Forum. Best to show-up and spend two hours learning everything from the Horses' mouth's instead of getting second-or-third-hand info here!

What other clubs are there around Monmouth County/close to it. I'm in Hazlet/Union Beach, Dix is exactly 1 hour and Pburg is exactly 1.5hr.

Any ideas??

No club is perfect. Some make you jump through some hoops upfront to clear the "safety barriers" so you can get the "keys to the Kingdom" and be your own R-O on a 24/7/365 basis. Others have huge Rule Books and won't let you draw from a holster WITHOUT A TEST. Some (like Range 14 and others) don't allow holsters AT ALL! Once you go through the Probation and "jump through the hoops" you'll join one of the nicest & safest group of folks around. We're a FAMILY. And don't worry about scores or being laughed at, since all the League Chairs (like myself) are more concerned with where your rounds wind-up, where your muzzle is pointed and what kind of attitude you display. We're beginner-friendly and with your posted credentials you'll no doubt make quick friends just doing the required participation's -and some of these new friends you don't yet know will be there with extra ammo, mags, holsters, even a loaner gun if you find you need it.......

Dave

PPC League Chairman

NRA Certified Instructor & RSO

Shootist

My biggest problem is the must attend/must shoot.

I honestly have more important things to do on weekends then be forced into something I don't want to do. I bet I'd have a blast, i just dont care to do it any time soon due to my current situation.

Probably gonna be CJRPC

@Bryan, I'll take you up on that offer.. have to work out when.

I'll keep my R14 membership and Pburg(soon) it gives me more options for an upcoming venture.

You've been kickin' this around now for close to a year (joining a NJ Club that's relatively close to you in Union Beach).

CJ has plenty going for it. I've been there on & off for a decade or more. Know several folks that are members of both, so you're sure to have a good time.

Enjoy!

Dave