Pizza Bob

The Great Shongum Revolver Extravaganza / Reg now OPEN

Yes I will not in the foreseeable future shoot revolver in a USPSA match.

The stages IMHO were very good, probably some of the better I have seen in a while.

With 5 squads, and having to wait until the 2/3 squads are finished shooting the main pit or the upper area, everyone will be as fast as the slowest squad.

So naturally the squad that was predominately filled with revolver shooters was going to be a tad bit slower than the other squads. (no offense to anyone I was probably the slowest shooter of the day)

Squads need to be somewhat balanced to ensure that they all move at somewhat the same pace.

Good day for a match, nice to see everyone who came out.

Actually our revolver squad was the fastest shooting squad! Once we finished up stage 6, we ran into the backup on stage 1, that squad was only 1/2 way through when we were ready. Stage 2 looked really interesting, I hated to miss that one, but I hit some time constraints. I was really impressed at the accuracy of the Governor, especially on stage 6 where there was only a sliver of target between 2 friendlies, it had no problem getting 2-alpha. I didnt even need to turn the laser on.

There was a pile of clays there, the Governor would have shined if we had a hand thrower!

Wow Howard, those were some great shots. Really neat to see the guns in recoil with shells ejecting on the bottom feeders and hammers staging on the wheelguns. For the short time that you were there, you captured some great moments.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Howard,

Not to be a party pooper but did you ask the people you photographed that you would post there photos in a public forum?

Most people don't care, but others might have an issue with it.

Videos as well.

Also what kind of lens did you use?

Howard, you have my permission - your pictures actually make me look like I know what I'm doing. Ron is correct though - even some gun clubs are getting real squirrely about photography on their site. That's just todays litigious society.

BTW, I kept clicking on links from your post and ended up at your flickr account. You, sir, have an impressive body of work. Enjoyed snooping.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Howard,

Not to be a party pooper but did you ask the people you photographed that you would post there photos in a public forum?

Most people don't care, but others might have an issue with it.

Videos as well.

Also what kind of lens did you use?

I took these with my Nikon D800e camera and a Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR lens. Not sure which hobby is more expensive - guns or cameras :)

If someone were to ask me to take something down I would respect that. But you have no expectation of privacy when out in public and there is nothing wrong with displaying images as artistic in a not-for-profit purpose without permission. It is only when you are using them to make money that you actually need permission.

Bob feel free to look through my photos, that is what they are there for. If you would like higher resolutions of the ones I took of you just let me know.

I took these with my Nikon D800e camera and a Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR lens. Not sure which hobby is more expensive - guns or cameras :)

If someone were to ask me to take something down I would respect that. But you have no expectation of privacy when out in public and there is nothing wrong with displaying images as artistic in a not-for-profit purpose without permission. It is only when you are using them to make money that you actually need permission.

Bob feel free to look through my photos, that is what they are there for. If you would like higher resolutions of the ones I took of you just let me know.

Howard... however keep in mind...

You are not taking those shots in public, but rather at a private club. =)

The shooters are a fairly close knit group of guys. Same as taking pictures of kids or anyone else out there... ask ahead of time.

Ie... for the big matches, we have photographers ask us if they can come.... but... once again...

Private club, at a match. The match directors at pretty much every match, Shongum, CJ and OB have made it a point to point out... if you are doing videos of photos, make sure you have their permission before posting them anywhere.

Neil.... There were 3 stages in one area, 2 stages up top. Down below, one stage, the classifier and was 2 strings, so since you only have 1 squad shooting at at time it took significantly longer, as in effect, it was 4 squads shooting on a common line. (1 stage 2 strings, plus 2 other stages).

The matches run quite smoothly if everyone helps paste, set targets, and stays with their squad, then when done, all move to the next stage.

I def. do not deserve an overall win, Shot like absolute crap, just couldnt pull my hits together. Only took 1st because the dude shooting B class left a stage early.

The shongum match was O-K, it seems like a nice club. But for me though, It's a far ride and I probably wouldnt make add it to my monthly match schedule.

The stages are the best they could of been under their cicumstances, 2 large pits , with no side berms. Lots of waiting, Very 1 dimensional linear stages. Lots of hard cover on all the targets, felt like a bullseye match at some stages - Though, really opened my eyes to how poor my accuracy is at speed.

Overall though, it's always a pleasure seeing everybody, esspescially having more wheel gunners getting involved in the sport. Hopefully in the future we can do this sort of thing at the regular @ OBRPC or CJRPC uspsa matches.

-Alec

Single Stack is the miniority now.

I think it will be Production or back to Lim10/lim back for me.... until I get my gun new sights, trigger.

Was great to see all the Revo's out there. I think there were more revo's at Shongum than @ Area 8. lol.

Uploading my video now... yep, totally screwed by a popper. You will see in the video. Popper/Swinger just hung halfway, killed my timing/mindset. Then again... I should get more than 4 hours of sleep before match day. lol.

Honestly, any match is better than no match, I just wish we had more usual stages... ie... the two stages up top would have at least one stage with movement that is not lateral/side to side memory stages. Though I am sure Ron is tired of doing stages every month. =)