71ragtopgoat

Looking for a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield in 9mm

I tried the price request. Ive even slipped it in my posts here or there.

But the clock is ticking on my permit so I'm giving this a shot.

I'm in North Jersey (Mahwah area) but will travel. MSRP is $450.00

There has to be at leat one in the Peoples Republic.If you know of one please PM me.

Thanks for your time

Good luck. I shopped for one for months. I see 'em on GB for $600-$700 and I wasn't gonna pay that much. To me, it seems like S&W dropped the ball on this one.

I know I found a NJ seller of one on GB but I was not going to chase it that high. Ended up doing $570 !

The one Tony had was mine, he might be getting more in, I heard that tips hardware in west creek just got one in.

S&W did drop the ball on this one, they had no idea that this gun would be this successful. Could have set the MSRP at what the other M&P models are and it would have sold out as well.

The one Tony had was mine, he might be getting more in, I heard that tips hardware in west creek just got one in.

S&W did drop the ball on this one, they had no idea that this gun would be this successful. Could have set the MSRP at what the other M&P models are and it would have sold out as well.

Score !!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!!

Brick armory has 2 in stock.. 400 i think

Just called all out. I'm in the market for 2 if the wife likes it. I'm getting one for sure......somewhere. Going to Harrisburg next weekend maybe I'll get lucky....

You might try Lou's in Raritan NJ, my buddy and I went in there two weeks ago and he bought it on the spot. He's from PA so he got really lucky because the one's Lou's had came with the 17 round clip..... Damn NJ!!

Lou's Gun Shop

91 West Somerset Street,

Raritan, NJ 08869.

Phone : (908) 725-5251,

Fax : (908) 725-5232

Glad I was able to help you out. What did they want for it?

They opened at 8 I called at 8:03 ! I asked if they had one they said only one. I said how much they said $550.

I paused a second or two then said very nicely Its a hard gun to find but thats $100 over MSRP.

He said let me check and a second later said your right $449 +16.06 nics + $31.50 tax =497.54

I gave him my name and number and told him to hold it.Went right down to the PD and got my permits that came in yesterday.

The place is 1hr 44 mins from me. They said nics will take about 8-10 days ! So I'll have to drive all the way back :(

They were out of 9mm ammo as well. They had a beautiful Henry 22 rifle that I would have took right then if not for OGAM.

The place is very nice and very well stocked. The sales people were good to.

Some people here must have called the place looking for one as two people called looking for the gun as I was filling out the paperwork.

Nice. Yeah I stop in there frequently. All nice guys working there. Everything is usually MSRP but they have stuff in stock. They are not charging $25 for a box of 9mm. When they have it, they charge 15.99. They have a decent stock on magazines as well.

They opened at 8 I called at 8:03 ! I asked if they had one they said only one. I said how much they said $550.

I paused a second or two then said very nicely Its a hard gun to find but thats $100 over MSRP.

He said let me check and a second later said your right $449 +16.06 nics + $31.50 tax =497.54

I gave him my name and number and told him to hold it.Went right down to the PD and got my permits that came in yesterday.

The place is 1hr 44 mins from me. They said nics will take about 8-10 days ! So I'll have to drive all the way back :(

They were out of 9mm ammo as well. They had a beautiful Henry 22 rifle that I would have took right then if not for OGAM.

The place is very nice and very well stocked. The sales people were good to.

Some people here must have called the place looking for one as two people called looking for the gun as I was filling out the paperwork.

It is a nice shop, good selection and only 10 miles away from me. Soon they will be moving their entire firearms inventory to the brand new shop and range close to the current location just off the GSP exit 58 in a few months. Their prices are a tad high but not outrageous. The only thing I don't like is that they charge a 3% surcharge for credit card purchases.

Not many places like that left in NJ. NJ pretty much put them out of business.. Regulations zoning and all. If they stay close in price support them. Once stores like this are gone there gone forever.

That's why they get some business from me.

I've had my mind set on a Shield for a few months now, still waiting on my f'ing permits, and I was going to get the .40 S&W but wasn't sure because I hadn't shot a .40 S&W before and the 9mm started to intrigue me more and more. Plus my wife could shoot the 9. But I got a chance to shoot my friend's M&P .40 S&W today and I don't know what all of the hub-bub is about with folks saying the .40S&W has such a snappy recoil. I admit it is definitely more recoil than a 9mm but I don't think it's anything I'd hate shooting. I put 50 rds. through my buddy's gun and I enjoyed it. I'd like to shoot a .45 now just to compare between the .40 S&W and .45.

So if my damn permits ever come in I will be torn on which shield to get. Guess I'll just have to snag up either if I find it. Also thinking about getting an XDm sub-compact in .40 S&W. We'll see.

Anyone know what kind of rental inventory Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro has? They're closed tomorrow so I might try calling Monday if I can find time while at work. I want to take the wifey down there to handle and shoot a couple of different manufacturer's guns since she seems to think my XD9's slide is tough to lock.

I've never been to Brick Armory. Might have to check it out sometime if I ever head that way.