ryan_j

The NJ GOP wants my money. This is what I told them.

Got an email from them today asking for money. I usually chip a few bucks but this time I really didn't feel like donating anything because I'm really disappointed in Christie's silence on the 2A.

Here's what I wrote to them:

Sorry but I won't donate to the GOP until Governor Christie comes out and stands up for NJ gun owners. If our own Republican Governor won't come out and stand up for us, why should I support him? I'm really disappointed. I supported him during his 1st term even though I was warned by my friends that he is not strong on the 2nd Amendment. Now we are facing an assault in the state legislature and he is largely silent.

We need a strong statement from Governor Christie that our 2nd amendment rights in NJ (what's left of it anyway) SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. We need action from him to VETO these bills when they reach his desk.

Thanks for your time.

-------------

Maybe if the NJ GOP gets enough pressure they can push Christie to be stronger on the 2A because like it or not he is our last firewall. I know he has a lot of support due to Sandy and likely won't be strongly pro 2A, and largely doesn't need us but it's worth a shot.

Bravo. The 2-party system is killing us, I certainly won't be towing the GOP party line anymore- altho most people I vote for are by default republicans, I am no longer a republican.

SCREW HIM!

I figure I'm out at least $200 for expenses for all of those trips to Trenton on my dime! Wouldn't have even needed to go if not for his SILENCE, but because his remarks are so deafening, I spent my money. So "they" better smarten-up, because there are lots of folks like me who won't throw their dollars away on a RINO! That $200 could have went for a couple nice meals with the Wife, or bought me some more ammo, etc.

HE DOES NOT GET A PENNY UNTIL AND UNLESS HE COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET ON THESE BILLS!

Dave

Former Republican, now a PISSED PATRIOT!

Yes, it's for the RRF (RINO relection fund) for horned, Statist, Pachyderms.

Absolutely. I am only going to support pro 2A candidates. The Republicans in the assembly are mostly good. Our reps up here in Sussex are excellent. But I am not going to support any RINOs who will sell us down the river for the illusion that they'll get a few votes from liberals. Christie is weak as dishwater on the 2A and seems to go where the wind blows.

I believe that with the number of FID card applications these days that there are enough gun owners to support and elect pro 2A candidates in many areas. Not by ourselves but enough to make a significant showing.

I would encourage everyone to remind these guys that we are here, we vote, we donate and we're not going away...

Just replied to charity donation request via mail the same way.

Speaking of charities... I've heard several things lately on Wounded Warrior Project... where they would not accept donations from gun groups and such... and yet they SPONSORED the Ohio pro-2A "Buckeye Bash" I went to 2 weeks ago...?

I like my charities free from politics, at least of their own doing.