Thats the std price. Still less than a Battlecomp or FSC. In fact it is very reasonable for the product offered when compared to similar products if equal quality and performance. Like most things, you get what you pay for.

If you really want your mind blown over the price of a muzzle-comp click here:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/KAC-Knight-s-Armament-QD-Muzzle-Compensator-p/kac%2025683.htm

As far as legality of the device, I don't know. It is marketed as a comp and not a FH, so it should be ok, but you never know in this state.

Call the NJSP Firearms unit and ask them (609) 882-2000 Extension 2060.

Ask them what their opinion is.

Report back your findings please.

The FSC 556 reduces flash signature. ATF tested it and concluded it does not reduce flash as much as an A2 flash hider, and is therefore not a flashider but a comp. That seems to be their standard. Although I never owned one in NJ myself, I have learned from people here that this makes them NJ legal.

If the people here are correct, and I believe they are for the time being, "reduces flash signature" is not enough to equal a banned flash hider in NJ.

probably not NJ legal if it works as designed..

Like mipafox states below, the PWS FSC556 is described similarly to the way BCM has marketed and stated their comps performance features and the PWS FSC556 has been deemed "not a flash hider" by BATFE and is NJ legal.

The FSC 556 reduces flash signature. ATF tested it and concluded it does not reduce flash as much as an A2 flash hider, and is therefore not a flashider but a comp. That seems to be their standard. Although I never owned one in NJ myself, I have learned from people here that this makes them NJ legal.

From PWS website (emphasis mine):

The Flash Suppressing Compensator (FSC) Series of muzzle devices from PWS provides superior compensation characteristics combined with enough flash suppression to keep the flash out of your optics and line of sight. Designed for both competitive and tactical use, the FSC Series allows for superior muzzle stabilization and aids the shooter in faster follow-up shots and accuracy.

The unique port design of the FSC Series yields muzzle control that meets or exceeds the performance of the best muzzle brakes on the market without the teeth-rattling overpressure indicative of other brakes and compensators.

All of the FSC Series muzzle devices have been classified as a non-flash suppressing device by the BATFE, thus removing any restriction from assault weapon ban states or provinces. A copy of this document is available upon request or on our website at www.primaryweapons.com.

A PWS signature product, the FSC 556 ships standard on the FNH® SCAR® 16S. Coupling flash suppression with muzzle control, the FSC 556 is an ideal compensator for putting a high volume of rounds on target. The FSC 556 is a mounting option for the Gemtech Halo.

Again I am not a lawyer and the best way to find an answer is to call the number I posted above and ask their opinion.

The FSC 556 is a mounting option for the Gemtech Halo.

BTW, no longer true. The mounting options are different now.

I doubt most people here are buying HALOS, but both the FSC 556 and the HALO are money spent that I would like to get back. Both work, and work as advertised, but neither are worth the price and there are better options.

Like mipafox states below, the PWS FSC556 is described similarly to the way BCM has marketed and stated their comps performance features and the PWS FSC556 has been deemed "not a flash hider" by BATFE and is NJ legal.

How come nobody ever listens to me, and yet I am always right?

I really don't care, but you guys should.  I'm not doing it for my health.  I'm trying to help.

I sure as heck don't know everything and I learn stuff every time I come here. But, considering this is an NJ gun forum, I get shocked by some of the responses.

I doubt most people here are buying HALOS, but both the FSC 556 and the HALO are money spent that I would like to get back. Both work, and work as advertised, but neither are worth the price and there are better options.

My quote is directly from the PWS website. They are stating it is still a HALO mounting option, not me.

The HALO is designed to mount to any muzzle device that matches the outside dimensions of a NATO standard birdcage flash hider, regardless of the size and shapes of any compensating or moderating cuts in the device. There are no proprietary lugs or mounts to attach a HALO. If the length, diameter/circumference match a birdcage, it should mount.

From Gemtech's website:

The HALO is our true "grunt" suppressor – rock solid, easy to use, and requires no modification to the host weapon. It utilizes a simple, patented, no-tools mounting system that slips over most NATO weapon 5.56mm flash hiders. There is no need for proprietary mounts or modifications to the barrel. It may be swapped between many different weapons easily, including the M16, M4, HK416, and M249.

The patented mounting system utilizes the 22 mm standard NATO-specification bird-cage type flash hider as used by the military worldwide. Mounting or removal can be performed without the use of tools in less than 30 seconds.

Now, back to things that are NJ appropriate. :)

Can you list them? Seriously. Looking for a good comp.

I was mentioning two products in the same rant.  Most of my buyer's remorse is with the HALO, the FSC 556 came along for the whipping.

I haven't bought any 5.56 caliber comps in years.  But one of my two FSC 556s did not withstand extended FA abuse over time.  The comp baffle eroded.  They are also loud.  Not as loud as the compiest comp, but still pretty damn loud on a short barrel.  And they cost $100.

Not a good value anymore.  I know there have been a lot of better options just from reading people discuss them on UZITalk over the past few years.  But I haven't been shopping for them or using them so I have no specific recommendations.