I assume that if anyone has multiple jobs there is no obligation to list all of them - they ask for employer, not employers. With that said if you are concerned with your boss or company having this information then why not just not list them. Instead, spend a few bucks and form an LLC or partnership and just list that as your employer. Problem solved.

Are they permitted to verify employment? Yes

Are they permitted to disclose the reason for the request? No - but they do anyway.

well they disclosed it on the form it says "application for a NJ Permit to Purchase a handgun" and my employer sent me a copy of the form

Howell did the same thing for me. The worst of it is, I work for a large pharmaceutical company and they simply addressed it to the company name and the address. No Attn to, no department nothing. Thankfully I know the people in the mail room, they had to open it and they gave it to me.

My wife and I do have an LLC....... Hmmmmm...... I thought about that, too. Next time I'm gonna give that a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Same thing happened to me and my company a print media company based out of Bergen County "never received" the first form and then took 20 days to return the second form, after several calls and e-mails to higher ups in the company.

I can't say if it was incompetence or anti 2a rights but neither are acceptable.

I intend to apply for another p2p when I pick up my FID and first p2p.

I will keep everyone informed how that goes.

I asked the woman at the counter what I should put if I didn't have a job (lie) she said put down "unemployed" and I did. Hope that didn't mess it up. Been waiting since first week of Feb...

Alex...this is an open forum and to lie on your Application is illegal... I would modify your last post for everyone's sake. please.