TheSingularity

NJ laws restricting "realistic looking" paintball guns?

There is one law. One can be arrested for having an imitation firearm if it is used in an offense where the victim believes it to be a real firearm.

Sounds like a BS law. So if you if you wave a garden tool and some half blind person "believes" it to be a real firearm you can be arrested? That does not even pass the smell test. I think the laws in this state are created by the brain dead. Doesn't it even have to pass the reasonable man test?

I play competition paintball (not in the woods but on open feilds with bunkers) I have been sponsored by alot of stores around NJ/Boston area and they also have woods/scenario feilds and have guys/girls carrying some really realistic looking "markers" and no its not illegal at all and yes they do like it...biz is biz no matter if you have a flashy red gun or a blacked out looking AR gun and NO orange or yellow tip is required thats only for airsoft.

Plenty of AR looking ones on the field. I used to play at speed ball at Top Gun, Fireball Mtn, Cousins and On Target long ago. I traded a beat up AK I shot about 4k rounds thru for a new shocker and impulse in 99. Then came the Angel and Auto Cocker. 9-11 was the end of it for me. 300 days a year for a few years in the sandbox didn't leave much play time. The old Sam's Club in Delran would make an awesome indoor place. It's been sitting empty for over 10 years.