Sign in to follow this  
maintenanceguy

Do Something About the "Universal Background Check" Bill

A vote is scheduled in the US Senate on "universal background checks" for next week - the first step toward an outright ban on gun ownership.

Step 2 will be universal registration. The Dept. of Justice - under the President's authority - is already marketing that as necessary.

Senator Lautenberg and Menendez will vote yes but I'm not giving up yet. I'm writing letters to each of them. Please do the same. This is important. In 20 years when you are expected to turn your guns in - you will bear some of the blame if you didn't try to stop it now.

I believe that we will loose the right to own a gun in my lifetime but I'm not going to let it happen without at least being heard.

It takes 10 minutes to write a short letter, address one to Lautenberg and one to Menendez and stick them in the mailbox. Do it today and it will reach them before the vote. Your letter can be very short - their staff will only read the first line anyway so be clear of your intent in the first line.

Rant over- stepping down from the soap box.

-----

Here, I'll even get you started:

Name

Address

City, St. Zip

April 4, 2013

Honorable Frank Lautenberg

141 Hart Senate Office Building

Washington, DC 20510

Honorable Robert Menendez

528 Hart Senate Office Building

Washington, DC 20510

Dear Senator (Lautenberg or Menendez:)

I am writing to urge you to vote NO on the “Universal Background Check” bill...

I would also recommend calling and leaving a message with their aids stating that you are opposed to the universall background check-

Menendez- (202)-224-4744

Lautenberg- (202)- 224-3224

I emailed every Republican U.S. Senator the other day and asked that they oppose any further restrictions on our 2nd Amendment rights. No deals should be made with the Democrats for any further gun control legislation. I gave up on the two anti-gun Senators from our state a long time ago.

I emailed every Republican U.S. Senator the other day and asked that they oppose any further restrictions on our 2nd Amendment rights. No deals should be made with the Democrats for any further gun control legislation. I gave up on the two anti-gun Senators from our state a long time ago.

I did too, but I still keep calling and writing just to let them know there actually may be a few who remember come election time.