Grapeshot

Has anyone here attended an Appleseed event?

Excellent program. I've done two and brought my son when he was 12 to one. Nice course of instruction and fire. Plus, some cool US History thrown in about how markmanship made this country great. A 10/22 is all you need. All targets are posted at 25 yards and are scaled to simulate much greater distances.

Awesome, awesome program. Been to two and I highly recommend them. Lots of fun. If you have a rifle that will take them I recommend installing Tech Sights before attending. Using glass is just cheating.

More in this post: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/32569-appleseed-experiences/page__hl__appleseed__fromsearch__1

I did mine down in Winslow. 2 Hour drive each way, both days, and I still enjoyed it.

It taught me the techniques for standing, sitting and prone.

Really helped me appreciate how to maximize all available points of support on a rifle, instead of just treating it like an over-grown handgun.

Gave me many things I still work on today, from single-shot benchrest to AR: for example a relax natural point-of-aim is substantially more accurate than muscling the sights/reticle onto target.