Vicious

Garand Info (CMP)

The clinic is an introduction into NRA Highpower rifle. You will learn the 4 positions and shoot from each position. You'll learn how to use a sling for prone and sitting position. The clinic is very good if you're interested in Highpower rifle. Again, all you need is eye and ear protection, you can borrow one of the clubs ARs or Garands. If you borrow a rifle from the club, you will need to buy the ammo from John. Mats, coats and spotting scopes are all available to use.....

I'm assuming this would fulfill the marksmanship requirement for the CMP as well? This sounds like it's more up my alley.

I'm assuming this would fulfill the marksmanship requirement for the CMP as well? This sounds like it's more up my alley.

Hmmm, I'm not sure that John documents attendance or you get any documents supporting the fact that you attended.....

http://www.centraljerseyhighpower.com/hp_events/hp_clinic.cfm

Johns email addy is there, send him your question on whether he'll document attendance....

I just emailed him earlier. The clinic has been sold out, but I believe the John C. Garand match is still open (waiting for a reply).

In this link (http://www.centraljerseyhighpower.com/hp_events/hp_m1_garand.cfm) it says in bold "All participants at least 18 years old will qualify to purchase an M-1 Garand from the CMP!"

This is for the match, not the clinic. But hey, it's not like I have a choice now, hahaha.

CMP's eligibility requirements; http://www.odcmp.com...eligibility.htm

Joining the Garand Collector's Association satisfies the club membership.

On marksmanship related activity::

"Completion of a Hunter Safety Course that included live fire training."

or

"Certification from range or club official or law enforcement officer witnessing shooting activity. A form for use in completing and certifying your range firing can be downloaded from the CMP web site"

It appears that a hunter's ed class would work, or you can print out the form and ask a R.O. (on a slow day) to check the boxes and sign it for you.

If you're at all interested in getting an M1, don't drag your feet. These will be known as the "good old days" when you could mail-order M1's from a great company for a great price. I'm not looking forward to what the Garand market will look like after the CMP is sold out...

I have not completed a hunter ed course, but I did complete a firearms safety course with an NRA instructor and recieved a certificate for it, and it did include live fire training. Do you think that would fall into?

"Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor)."

I have not completed a hunter ed course, but I did complete a firearms safety course with an NRA instructor and recieved a certificate for it, and it did include live fire training. Do you think that would fall into?

"Completion of a marksmanship clinic that included live fire training (provide a copy of the certificate of completion or a statement from the instructor)."

Looks like you're good to go.....

I just emailed him earlier. The clinic has been sold out, but I believe the John C. Garand match is still open (waiting for a reply).

In this link (http://www.centraljerseyhighpower.com/hp_events/hp_m1_garand.cfm) it says in bold "All participants at least 18 years old will qualify to purchase an M-1 Garand from the CMP!"

This is for the match, not the clinic. But hey, it's not like I have a choice now, hahaha.

Garand Match doesn't sell out, if a lot of people show, he just adds another relay, not a big deal. Starts at 09:00 ends whenever.....