Cemeterys Gun Blob

Gov Christie's Violence Task Force Report is HERE

How can your hope lie with the courts who are the same lawyers that got us into this fiasco to begin with.......they want control and by taking away your 2A.....well, you get it. NJ already has control pretty much of it's people, it's the other states that still breath the fresh air of liberty.....we here breath the smog of corruption....IMO.

I expected a lot worse to be honest. I'm going say I'll give them a great deal of respect for trying to thorough and balanced in their view points and not be completely over the top in their recommendations.

The flip side is I don't like anything that further adds restrictions in this idiotic state. I already want to see a picture ID when I do face to face private sell.

Guys, this is far far far far far from over. This was just the Christie task force for violence. This is just his task force's recommendations.

The Senate and Assembly still want to take away our gun rights. All of those bills are on top of the recommendations from this task force.

This does not mean Christie will veto every bill on his desk that will pass. If anything, this is just cover for him to sign them, or let them sit and have them go into law by default.

Saying that this isn't as bad as it could've been is a defeatist mindset. Accepting, or even rationalizing, any recommendation to further infringe upon our Rights is unacceptable. This is bad, this state is out of control, our Assemblymen are representatives in name only, and our Governor is spineless. Using dead children to garner favor, refusing to stand for liberty in hopes of future political gain, making back room deals out of public sight, and rationalizing any of it is indicative, and possibly one of the causes of, our current situation. We, including myself, need to change the way our country is going, and accepting anything other than our God given rights isn't going to do it.

The one huge disappointment was the support for FID renewals. This could be as simple as sending the PD a check for $25 every five years and waiting for the newly revamped background check to come back in a couple of weeks, or it could be as bad as what we're seeing in Essex County, times 100.

wooley- i think the fid renewal is really terrible news. Do you realize that depending on the town, if the FID renewal notice is lost in the mail, you will be at risk of being arrested (lawyer cost or police record) and having your guns seized. renewal paperwork will be a nightmare with each town having different requirements. A few towns now require notarized forms from references for permits. these proposed laws are too invasive and are further trampling our 2nd amendment rights.

I dont know what most of you are saying. Some seem 'happy' and accepting, some seem suspcious.

Well, I get NO SUCH cuddly fuzzy feeling.

This is standard liberal Incrementalism at it's finest. Slow, un-assuming erosion of various rights over time.

NO compromise on my end.