NJSigfan

A little help please, I need verification and validation

So I need a little help with Unique powder.

I'm about to start reloading .45ACP for the first time using a lee loadmaster, Unique powder, and 200 grain SWC bullets from precion. The reloading book I have does not have a category listing for the bullet and powder I have so I'm looking for some insight in how to interpret the data that is there.

Can someone offer up some published information on what grains is safe to start with with?

I'm looking to load just mild target loads...

Heres Alliants load data link for Speer 200 (lead semi wadcutters) LSWD 

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/recipedetail.aspx?gtypeid=1&weight=200&shellid=35&bulletid=62

Heres MD smith's link

http://www.reloadammo.com/45loads.htm

I hope they can help you out, be careful read everthing twice, go slow and have fun

Thank you...

So what happens if the bullet grain you have is different that printed? Example. I have 124 grain hp 9mm but the book lists 125 grain. Is the rule of thumb to keep looking for the correct listing, or is using a heavier grain bullet load data with the lower weight bullet okay?

Depends on the bullet. Some manufacturers tell you what listing to look for. But usually a 1gn difference in weight isn't going to make a lot of difference. The only thing that would affect the load is the plating itself. Some manufacturers use thicker or thinner plating which would require higher or lower pressures to achieve the same velocity.