Maksim

Things improving, 12 permits, plus exemption, 4 weeks.

Just visited my local PD to pick up my permits. Time from dropped off to picked up less than 4 weeks.

When I initially dropped it off, I was told about 5 weeks additional to the 3 it usually takes for permits. To my surprise, got a phone call last week that permits were ready, exemption and all.

Talking with my detective, he was amazed himself. My references are good people and return them promptly, but.... he was astonished and made comment that...

1. State Police was very quick with the Exemption approval.

2. Mental Health Check came back quicker than usual.

Seems like someone got onto the state police to make changes.

They don't mind giving you your permits quick now cause NICS takes a month haha.

Yeah..... don't think so. My PD is always professional about it. =) He is not a gun gun guy, but.... he does not stand in the way of people buying guns.

Was funny, he was making a comment how it is so stupid that any time Obama opens his mouth about guns, the next day, he has a ton of people calling to get more permits, and new FID.

he did mention things were slowing down again for new FID and permits.

5 weeks on 3 permits and waiting. Don't seem faster to me...

Last nics was 19 days. (Shrug)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

5 weeks on 3 permits and waiting. Don't seem faster to me... Last nics was 19 days. (Shrug)Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HDTypos courtesy Apple...

John, did your references return the forms already? Or do you know the hold up.

It still depends on the department, but the state is doing a better job in the recent weeks.

Nics is down to 10 days, from my talk with a few FFL's.

They usually do. Just saw my detective and waiting on SP... I wish it was at least uniform more often than not. Kinda ticks me off when a few seem to be fine while others are in a holding pattern like a late flight to the North Pole.

Gonna give my refs a call to be sure.

John, did your references return the forms already? Or do you know the hold up.

It still depends on the department, but the state is doing a better job in the recent weeks.

Nics is down to 10 days, from my talk with a few FFL's.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Just visited my local PD to pick up my permits. Time from dropped off to picked up less than 4 weeks.

When I initially dropped it off, I was told about 5 weeks additional to the 3 it usually takes for permits. To my surprise, got a phone call last week that permits were ready, exemption and all.

Talking with my detective, he was amazed himself. My references are good people and return them promptly, but.... he was astonished and made comment that...

1. State Police was very quick with the Exemption approval.

2. Mental Health Check came back quicker than usual.

Seems like someone got onto the state police to make changes.

exemption?

What excuse did you use if any to get the exemption? Wondering how it works

It is pretty much a rubber stamp.  You have 3 boxes, 1. Inheretence by will, 2. Collector, 3. Competitor.  You have option of writing with extra stuff.

I just chose Collector.

I signed the forms on 4/29/13, gave them to the PD next day, and the approval day of the exemption is May 3rd.... so essentially it was processed the same day or next day when State Police received it.

thank ya sir. unfortunatly, i don't qualify as per that application. i've payed off my lay away, and am waiting on nics. in the meantime, the guy i bought my ak, and 10-22 from showed me a beautiful ruger .357, which he's offering for a decent price.......but they're from 2 different places........

Posting a quick OGAM & NICS question ITT as I dont want to start a new one.

I have 2 P2Ps coming in the next few weeks (hopefully) and am looking to buy 2 pistols, one from an FFL and one FTF. The FTF is a coworker and so I can execute that at any time. Can I do the following?:

Buy FTF, Purchase/Begin NICS check of Gun2 from FFL at day 20 or so, take possession of Gun2 after NICS clears/30 days.

Or would I have to wait the full 30 before NICS can be initiated?

EDIT: Disreagrd, I'm reading through another thread below with the same discussion. Silent Patriot wrote a novella on it.

Posting a quick OGAM & NICS question ITT as I dont want to start a new one.

I have 2 P2Ps coming in the next few weeks (hopefully) and am looking to buy 2 pistols, one from an FFL and one FTF. The FTF is a coworker and so I can execute that at any time. Can I do the following?:

Buy FTF, Purchase/Begin NICS check of Gun2 from FFL at day 20 or so, take possession of Gun2 after NICS clears/30 days.

Or would I have to wait the full 30 before NICS can be initiated?

EDIT: Disreagrd, I'm reading through another thread below with the same discussion. Silent Patriot wrote a novella on it.

You have to wait the full 30 days to submit nics. Quite a few folks getting in trouble with this as I found out speaking to an FFL.

It is pretty much a rubber stamp.  You have 3 boxes, 1. Inheretence by will, 2. Collector, 3. Competitor.  You have option of writing with extra stuff.

I just chose Collector.

I signed the forms on 4/29/13, gave them to the PD next day, and the approval day of the exemption is May 3rd.... so essentially it was processed the same day or next day when State Police received it.

Do you submit the forms to the your local PD or to the NJSP first?

Do you submit the forms to the your local PD or to the NJSP first?

It was supposed to be through your local PD, and they sent it off to SP. HOWEVER, if you already have the permits, some members have reported success sending it directly to SP themselves.

If you need your pistol permits, you have to go through your local PD as on the forms, you need to write the permit number iirc.

It was supposed to be through your local PD, and they sent it off to SP. HOWEVER, if you already have the permits, some members have reported success sending it directly to SP themselves.

If you need your pistol permits, you have to go through your local PD as on the forms, you need to write the permit number iirc.

I have 4 P2P and I have 4 pistols waiting at one FFL.

I completed my sections on forms SP015 & SP016 as instructed  and mailed to the FFL he said he will fill in the rest of the needed info.

He said they were mailed to NJSP. I had someone check with NJSP today and they have no paperwork on file for my exemption. I was also told that the forms go to local PD first and they send them to the SP.

I started this a few months ago!!!!

I just chose Collector.

so essentially, i can print, and fill out this form, run it down to lindenwold pd, and turn it in, and in theory they should allow me to take possession of the ftf revolver, and the ffl 1911 within a few days of each other?