momo

New to Jersey

Will move to Jersey next month. Close to Ft Dix area.

Will be bringing a Glock 27, a security six .357 and 2 other handguns.Do I have to register them? Do I need a permit?

Was going to bring an AR, but was told NJ is a pain for assault wpns.

Thxs

Welcome to Jersey and the forums. Registration is optional. Just make.sure your mags are compliant at 15 rounds. As far as the AR you need to tell is more about it to know if its jersey compliant. Also, registration on this is voluntary.

Welcome to Jersey and the forums. Registration is optional. Just make.sure your mags are compliant at 15 rounds. As far as the AR you need to tell is more about it to know if its jersey compliant. Also, registration on this is voluntary.

What he said.

Once you get here you will have to get a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card if you want to purchase Ammunition in NJ.  That may be changing due to some new laws, but for now, you need a separate card.  You don't need this card to possess the weapons, but you need it to purchase ammunition or buy new guns.

Are you military?  If so, you can shoot at Ft. Dix Range 14 for $30 a year plus $4.00 per person per hour.  If you are not, the Range 14 is still open to the public for $60 per year.  

If you are military, I strongly advise that you leave the AR-15 with a trusted friend or family member when you move here.  You will have to do a couple of things to the gun to make in NJ compliant.  Some of these things, such as grinding down the bayonet lug, are permanent.  Think carefully before you do this.   

Oh, and welcome to the forums.  We are like a family here.

Welcome. Get to know the laws, love the laws, obey the laws. Don't get corn-holed because of a simple mistake.

I would not heed this advice of love the laws, it's very odd to see someone say that. But nonetheless welcome to NJ and good luck here! I am moving out next month.