ECShooter

The Yankee Marshall speaks some logic on not buying ammo for a month

So this is volumes of logic on the ammo shortage. If you check gunbot, ammoseek or any other availability tracking site you will see that there is plenty of product available, just at seriously inflated prices. It is a quick video, have a look.

I mean, it makes sense. I'm not talking about not buying in bulk when affordable, we have some preppers and people that plan ahead, but buying now. I understand capitalism, but the flip side of supply and demand is the willing to purchase. Take away the demand for one month and prices will regulate.

Yep, great it theory, however today's society doesn't have the patience or will-power to take a stance like this.  No different than the everyday inflated prices to go watch your favorite sports team.  All it would take is one or two games (especially in football) for fans not to attend and it would force the owners and leagues to re-visit the outrageous salaries and pricing structures for tickets.

Makes sense in theory....but you can't tell idiots to suddenly stop being idiots.

Sadly, this..while i doubt it'll EVER be back to what we considered "Normal"...the Probem would have resolved itself by now if it wasnt for all the idiots buying up every round they can no matter what the price the SECOND it hits the inside of the store.

I've said this before in another thread. There is no reason for people living in free states to be buying all the ammo they can. There was never a threat against there ability to buy ammo in person or online. The only people who have a reason to hoard is people like us here in jersey since its very possible we won't be able to buy online anymore soon.

Sadly, this..while i doubt it'll EVER be back to what we considered "Normal"...the Probem would have resolved itself by now if it wasnt for all the idiots buying up every round they can no matter what the price the SECOND it hits the inside of the store.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

I've said this before in another thread. There is no reason for people living in free states to be buying all the ammo they can. There was never a threat against there ability to buy ammo in person or online. The only people who have a reason to hoard is people like us here in jersey since its very possible we won't be able to buy online anymore soon.

This is the reality.  Not even hoarding in many cases.  Just folks who didn't stock a lot of ammo (maybe specific calibers) and want to buy some based on current news and legislation.  Or just because they purchased a new caliber firearm recently.

And it's not just NJ necessarily.  I was in TX for a hunt in January and there was no 9mm or .223 on the shelves of the 5 places we checked.  Thankfully I was killing hogs with .270!