On May 28th I turned in my Firearms ID card packet to my local police station (South Brunswick Police Department). Now I'm just playing the waiting game. I am 19 yrs old and dont have any reason to be denied. I used to be the armorer at a military academy in PA that I attended from 2007-2011. I want to order a CMP HRA service grade M1 Garand soon just to get a jump start on the 60-90 day waiting period for the rifle. My question is do you think its a good idea to have a rifle shipped to cheyenne mountain outfitters in Robinsville nj BEFORE I recive my FID card? I planned on doing this then picking it up in 2 months when I SHOULD be cleared? Thanks.

Mail order at the CMP is running several months behind.  Providing you have an FFL who will not mind holding a gun for you then I would go ahead and order it at this time.

Just be aware that initial FPID generally takes quite a bit of time.

On May 28th I turned in my Firearms ID card packet to my local police station (South Brunswick Police Department). Now I'm just playing the waiting game. I am 19 yrs old and dont have any reason to be denied. I used to be the armorer at a military academy in PA that I attended from 2007-2011. I want to order a CMP HRA service grade M1 Garand soon just to get a jump start on the 60-90 day waiting period for the rifle. My question is do you think its a good idea to have a rifle shipped to cheyenne mountain outfitters in Robinsville nj BEFORE I recive my FID card? I planned on doing this then picking it up in 2 months when I SHOULD be cleared? Thanks.

How do you plan on ordering your CMP rifle without the CMP having a copy of your FID card on file??

Do you qualify on all the needed stuff to order from the cmp?

Or why not call the cmp, they are pretty helpful and friendly.

The CMP stopped shipping rifles to NJ customer's doors and started requiring proof of FPID on file after someone (from NJGF? ;)) tipped off the state

The lack of FPID is going to be the show stopper for the OP

The proof of citizenship, age, club affiliation, marksmanship requirement and notarized application are trivial in comparison

The CMP stopped shipping rifles to NJ customer's doors and started requiring proof of FPID on file after someone (from NJGF? ;)) tipped off the state

The lack of FPID is going to be the show stopper for the OP

The proof of citizenship, age, club affiliation, marksmanship requirement and notarized application are trivial in comparison

I know that, it was for the OP to think about.

But you are right, for the OP to get his fid first.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Nucrunner
      Any chance of opening a conversation on the M1 Garand?
      I’ve been looking at a couple in a LGS, I’m interested in owning one as a shooter (keeping in mind that any M1 Garand will have historical value).
      My intention is to use it as a shooter, I’d like to compete in 300 yard shoots at my range.
      The shop has 4, (I am told) they are all collector grade.
      Two Springfield’s with serial numbers in the 35xxxx... range and two H&R’s in the 56xxx...
      The SA’s are a bit lower in price, one of them has the arrangement for the grenade launcher (the medallion is attached to the stock, the launcher apparatus is separate). (I’ve already decided that since my primary reason to own one is as a shooter, that I would not get the one with the grenade launcher).
      All four have the circled P armory stamps, the H&R’s have the eagle with the stars cartouche stamps.
      The actions on all of them are smooth, all barrels are stamped as made in the early to mid 50’s, wood is nice all of them (the H&R’s are darker).  
      I know and trust the LGS owner, he has assured me that the throat erosion (<2 I believe he said)) along with the “collector grade” assure me that any of these four will make a good “shooter” and hold value.
      I’m pretty sure I’m going to “pull the trigger” on this Monday, any comments or suggestions…?
      Thanks,
    • By denisl
      I'm looking to buy a M1 Garand from CMP.
      Any recommendations on which type of M1 to buy?

I'm looking at either the RM1HRASSP which is their "Service Grade HRA Special" for $950 or the RM1SPECIAL which is "CMP Special" for $995.

Here are the descriptions:

Thanks for any guidance.

• By jrfly3006
      I had the rare occasion yesterday of having a few free hours with nothing on the schedule. So I decided to pull my CMP SA M1 out of the safe and get reacquainted. Following the CMP book I did a complete detail strip followed by a thorough clean and lube. While not overly complex...its just complicated enough to force you to pay attention. The beauty of this gun and John Garand's design never ceases to amaze me. The machine work is a reminder of the past glory days of American manufacturing. It also reminded me of what steps my Grandfather used when he cleaned his M1 while in Sicily with Gen. Patton's army.

For anyone on the fence about buying an M1....GET ONE! I can pretty much guarantee you'll fall in love. It's easily one of my favorite guns I've every owned. The CMP is a great way to pick one up.

Its a SA 25xxxxx (1944-ish I think)... Wood in good condition..no cracks..I Iike the color..Park is a little spotty... Has the square P and #50 underneath.. Also has red paint on rear of receiver and stock (armory markings ?).. ME shown with bullet test.. She feeds on Lake City 1966 ball.. Get ready to cry.. Picked up two 400 rd cases in 2002 for $88.00 each.. She runs like a cheetah on the range.. 300yds with iron no prob for her..dont know much about the bolt (feel free to jump in guys if you can read numbers in picture)

• If you have a lawfully issued CCW, it does not matter if it's original, on paper or on plastic!  It does not matter is it's a copy! There is an SBI# and a permit# on that card that can be verified by the issuing authority and that is all that matters!
    • NJ law just says "unloaded".   FOPA (Federal Firearm Owners Protection Act) says "separate from the ammunition."  NJ law applies to NJ residents in NJ so "unloaded" is enough - no definition in the law.  The NJSP website used to say that the ammo needed to be separate - that was not true.  Don't know what the website says now. To me, magazine outside the gun, but in the same bag, is good enough.  But with anything gun related in NJ, it just takes one bad prosecutor, a judge who goes along with the bad prosecutor, and a jury who doesn't understand the law.
    • i don't think they can charge me for not showing them the original? there's a few guys transferring permits onto plastic. if they do however, i keep the original in my wallet. so if they do try that game, i'm still covered. i hope.
    • I'm considering keeping mine in the back of my Jeep Wrangler. Per NJ law, it would have to be stored unloaded.  Does anyone know how that is defined?  Can I keep it in a backpack with a couple of loaded mags in a separate pouch on that same backpack?  How about with a mag inserted, but no round chambered?