siderman

what excactly is pinned & welded?

I know what it is, lol, just want a clarification because something came up. When a comp is pinned/welded on a threaded brl is it just the pin that gets a spot weld and finished or does the perimeter of the comp also need to be welded. Seems to me why bother with a pin if a weld is applied around the comp. Anyway something will need to be made NJ legal soon.

I know what it is, lol, just want a clarification because something came up. When a comp is pinned/welded on a threaded brl is it just the pin that gets a spot weld and finished or does the perimeter of the comp also need to be welded. Seems to me why bother with a pin if a weld is applied around the comp. Anyway something will need to be made NJ legal soon.

Put in blind pin, cover with a spot weld. Pinned and welded. 

Welding around the perimeter covering the right percentage is another form of BATFE accepted permanent attachment. No pin needed. 

As is very high temp silver solder (1100 degerees IIRC). also no pin needed. 

I thought if it was 16" + comp a pin is gtg and if it was 14.5" + comp for 16" overall, it needed to be pinned & welded to comply with batfe regs. I'm not 100% certain

Yes <16" needs to have a long enough muzzle device permanently attached according to batfe rules or it is an sbr.