Sign in to follow this  
vladtepes

competent gun smith to thread a shotgun barrel

Vlad you don't pin shotgun barrels (or I wouldn't, too thin) you want the brake either threaded or silver soldered

apparently pinning it is pretty common? I see what you are saying? but am only going on the info I have received.. 

Here's the brake I put on my Saiga-12. I used the stock threads that were on there. Simply unscrewed the thread protector that was on there and screwed the brake in it's place. I was told that shotgun brakes did not need to be welded/pinned.

Saiga12_zpsd0b4a1b0.jpg

Here's the brake I put on my Saiga-12. I used the stock threads that were on there. Simply unscrewed the thread protector that was on there and screwed the brake in it's place. I was told that shotgun brakes did not need to be welded/pinned.

Saiga12_zpsd0b4a1b0.jpg

yeah I picked up a brake.. and it is working great... it is 4.3 inches long..

I want to cut the barrel down to 14 inches... and then permanently attach the brake..  to barely break 18 inches.. 

There is nothing in the State Stautes that says a Semi Auto Shotgun cannot

have a threaded barrel, or that a break needs to be pined / welded BUT if the

barrel is cut to less than 18" than ATF rules apply to an SBR and then it would

require the barrel to be pined or welded.

There is nothing in the State Stautes that says a Semi Auto Shotgun cannot

have a threaded barrel, or that a break needs to be pined / welded BUT if the

barrel is cut to less than 16" than ATF rules apply to an SBR and then it would

require the barrel to be pined or welded.

shotgun is 18 inches..  rifle is 16 inches...

the idea is I want the barrel cut to 14 inches.. and then a 4.3 inch brake permanently attached so I do not have to file for another tax stamp application and wait another year.. 

Tax stamps. What are those? Oh, that's right, you moved a few miles west and now reside in "Free America"............  :)

There are PLENTY of people in this country though that would still argue that applying for a Tax Stamp is also ridiculous, but at least you get the opportunity to own stuff in PA that we can not have here.

Someone one here started a thread about John Ross' book Unintended Consequences. I never even heard about Tax Stamps before I read that book. Amazing what has happened in this country.

Tax stamps. What are those? Oh, that's right, you moved a few miles west and now reside in "Free America"............  :)

There are PLENTY of people in this country though that would still argue that applying for a Tax Stamp is also ridiculous, but at least you get the opportunity to own stuff in PA that we can not have here.

Someone one here started a thread about John Ross' book Unintended Consequences. I never even heard about Tax Stamps before I read that book. Amazing what has happened in this country.

ironically what I am after at the moment anyone with a Saiga 12 could have.. LOL

I applied for a tax stamp for my SBR AR15.. I am at month 7.. waiting..