CLP (the old stuff not Safariland brand) for oiling

Two end USGI brush

One piece .223 specific rod

.22 cal brush and swab

Few old rags

Patches

Dental pic

Qtips

Though about a specific AR chamber/lug cleaning tool but havent pulled trigger yet

Hoppes or GI borecleaner

GI rod with chamber brush

One piece rod for bore

Bore brush

GI toothbrush

Brass bristle toothbrush

Old Tshirt (if you're patient you can cut your own patches from these)

Dental picks or equivalent

Discovered Dri Slide for lubricant before I went to Vietnam and it worked 100% there so continued to use it. That includes two years of running around the desert in a 4x4, on a dirtbike, and even horseback. Switched to CLP in the 80s because of greater availability but pick up some Dri Slide when I run across it. There is nothing better in a hot dusty environment although CLP works good there.

I was told in 1968 you don't need to do anything but clean off the exterior of the gas tube. That's what I've done for 45 years and never had any gas tube problems.

The only thing I use grease on is a Garand, M14, Mini 14, or similar action and then its Mobil 1 grease applied with a big syringe.

I bought the otis elite kit and it came with just about everything to clean an AR, and use what ever lube u want... the chamber brush makes cleaning pretty easy..

Clean an ar or any handgun or any shotgun etc

Got this kit for Christmas and its got cleaning kit for everything short of a howitzer it seems. Even optics cleaners. Has a zippered carrying case and how's right in my range bag.