Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

This article nails nj on the head

Also liberals are only good at spending your money. When it comes to there it's a no go. That is why they tend to vote conservative after they retire.

The gun issues are a side effect of supporting a fiscal conservative. That is why those areas get red after retirees move in.

Umm, folks, I would just like to point out that you are giving the "anti's" EXACTLY what they want, if you are ready to flee the state.

They WANT all of us to just go away, leave them to their "Utopian" gun-free "collective".

Point well taken but at the end of the day, when the state is running low on tax paying citizens (both income and property), maybe they'll wake up to the reality of their actions. 

Point well taken but at the end of the day, when the state is running low on tax paying citizens (both income and property), maybe they'll wake up to the reality of their actions. 

Not a chance. Its works like this working people fled the cities. Now the cities are leaning on the suburbs with things like the Abbott laws and shared services.

Now some of the suburbs are failing so cities (Trentonc Camden) are leaning on the state tax payers. That is why its so important to stop places like Detroit from being bailed out by the feds. Liberals will never stop spending and wasting money as long as they can get more from the tax payer.

NJ is doomed to follow this path. We are outnumbered by liberals who wont stop spending

I like Florida.  No state income tax.  

One huge thing I like to compare is roadways. 

NJ's roads suck. How can a state like FL have every road and bridge in excellent shape, have no income tax, and low property taxes, while here in NJ we're taxed to death and everything is in terrible condiiton.

It helps when you don't have harsh winters, no moisture freezing and thawing which leads to cracking and pot holes. I imagine the roads down there need a lot less maintenance year to year. I'm not saying NJ isn't a seething pit of financial waste, it certainly is...

I too moved from NJ to improve the quality of my life. My total home ownership cost, all in, is $500 a month less than I was paying in NJ and I have more land here. Even with the pay decrease I took to move here, due to no city or state income taxes, my take home pay is more. Add that to my low monthly home costs including very low utility bills due to the lack of a severe winter and cheap electricity, I am living much better than I ever did in NJ and can buy all the guns I want and carry them. Mix in no shoveling snow, not living near a City that may someday be the victim of a dirty bomb whose radiation can drift over NJ, and I think I made a wise move.

When I worked in NJ almost every building I entered for business had security checks. I felt like I was living in an occupied area. None of that here; at least not in my area. No sense of worry about terrorist here.

I too moved from NJ to improve the quality of my life. My total home ownership cost, all in, is $500 a month less than I was paying in NJ and I have more land here. Even with the pay decrease I took to move here, due to no city or state income taxes, my take home pay is more. Add that to my low monthly home costs including very low utility bills due to the lack of a severe winter and cheap electricity, I am living much better than I ever did in NJ and can buy all the guns I want and carry them. Mix in no shoveling snow, not living near a City that may someday be the victim of a dirty bomb whose radiation can drift over NJ, and I think I made a wise move.

When I worked in NJ almost every building I entered for business had security checks. I felt like I was living in an occupied area. None of that here; at least not in my area. No sense of worry about terrorist here.

I'm sold. I leave Thursday :)

Correct... one day to get permit. Short class for CCW then as mentioned...

Nc does have a permit system for handguns , $5 per permit and no limit I know of.
If you have or get a conceal carry your exempt from the permit system, just show your concealed carry card and you good to go.