ogfarmer

Doomsday Castle & Doomsday Preppers

Set to record, thanks.

You know, when I saw the castle story on the Preppers show, I always hoped they would do a follow-up or something on this guy's story because the castle idea looked really intriguing. Should make for a good show, even though it may only last one or two seasons unless they find a way to drag it out forever. I also want to see a follow-up on the guy that had the missile silo where he brought a girl on a first date to.

Anyone catch the episode tonight? I enjoyed it the show but man were those people stupid on the range! Firing when a person is crawling back from a car. He was right in the line of fire they were lucky he did not get a huge piece of car in his body!! WHAT A BUNCH OF FREAKING IDIOTS!!!

I really hoped this doomsday castle show was going to be fairly decent but noooooooooooo!

Everything they build is poorly built and weak. Let alone half the stuff they do is unsafe.

Build a moat on top of a mountain? wtf that draw bridge door is a piece of crap.

lets cut notches in trees so deep and leave them there with explosives just in case, so unsafe if a heavy wind comes.

This show is too gimicky.

I really hoped this doomsday castle show was going to be fairly decent but noooooooooooo!

Everything they build is poorly built and weak. Let alone half the stuff they do is unsafe.

Build a moat on top of a mountain? wtf that draw bridge door is a piece of crap.

lets cut notches in trees so deep and leave them there with explosives just in case, so unsafe if a heavy wind comes.

This show is too gimicky.

+1

I tend to watch the castle show with amazement that no one gets hurt. The draw bridge was interesting. I thought it was going to come crashing down... It was bending like a tooth pick while they were raising it... I was waiting for it to fall apart.

Only saw part of one episode and let my wife watch Millionaire Matchmaker.. and was for the better for it.

I think the idea of a castle is interesting from a self-sufficiency and defense perspective.  The show, though, is bad.  It's probably as fake as all the other "Reality" shows.. Looking at you Bear Grylls!  It is more a show, with associated drama then anything else.

The draw bridge was a great idea, but unless you put support braces across it, its only a matter of time before that shit falls down. And when it does its gonna wreck what ever is under it.

A drawbridge is pretty useless unless its actually bridging something.. Usually a moat. Moats are useless unless they have snakes, alligators, or at least water. Going to have a hard time keeping a moat filled with water on top of a hill.

And can we talk about the unsecured door to the basement of their castle? Kinda defeats the purpose.

A drawbridge is pretty useless unless its actually bridging something.. Usually a moat. Moats are useless unless they have snakes, alligators, or at least water. Going to have a hard time keeping a moat filled with water on top of a hill.

And can we talk about the unsecured door to the basement of their castle? Kinda defeats the purpose.

moats and ditches are strong if they are deep enough because it will slow down or stop vehicles.. 

the whole idea of a "castle" is stupid if you want to stay safe a bunker preferably underground would be much smarter...and that "castle" has tons of huge windows to throw grenades INTO... and as was stated that downstairs door is a joke, i would give that family and "castle" a 2 month initiate survival time... the idea is to blend in not yell out hey look at me i have a castle and a bunch of spoiled kids and a douche bag son lol...

If you can properly secure the castle, its actually a solid idea. They've been used for hundreds of years to protect occupants, so what makes them inferior today? And under ground bunkers are a great idea as well. But you have to be willing to spend the money to pour the concrete, or ship, place and reinforce shipping containers. 

As far as their castle goes, all you need is a good sight line, and a good rifle with optics and you can remove their will to fight quickly. Same with explosives, fire, general destruction. They seem like they would cave should something go wrong and they don't know how to handle it. 

If you can properly secure the castle, its actually a solid idea. They've been used for hundreds of years to protect occupants, so what makes them inferior today? And under ground bunkers are a great idea as well. But you have to be willing to spend the money to pour the concrete, or ship, place and reinforce shipping containers.

As far as their castle goes, all you need is a good sight line, and a good rifle with optics and you can remove their will to fight quickly. Same with explosives, fire, general destruction. They seem like they would cave should something go wrong and they don't know how to handle it.

Real castles are great but real castles have very very thick walls.. There castle has cynder block walls which are not too thick and generally hollow so i dont know how much it would hold up ... Not to mention the kids will probably kill each other inside the castle before they even get attacked lol