Shawnmoore81

Ill be in Asbury park this weekend

I'm staying at a hotel called the Berkeley. Hopefully that's in the good area

One or two of the floors in the Berkley-Carteret are welfare/section 8 housing, probably a vestige from before New York money moved into town. It can make for interesting elevator rides to your room from the lobby. You will notice that the doorman there is built like a bouncer and takes absolutely no shitt from street hoods.

You gotta be kidding me. I'm staying in a welfare motel?

And paying top dollar for the privilege, if I remember correctly. The gay gentrification that has made some of Asbury nicer, has also made it pricey. On a different topic, the sausage stand on the boardwalk (next to the kid's water playground) is good. That last sentence just sounds dirty, but it's not. :)

So asbury park is a gay town with good sausage. But also a ghetto. And I'm paying to stay in a very nice welfare hotel. Great, this is why I don't go to north jersey.

Well at least the stone pony has midget bowling on Friday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well honestly I'm not scared to go into a gay bar. I just prefer to be in a regular establishment.

My game plan is

1.check in

2. Wedding

3. Reception

4. Stone pony

5. Back to hotel

6. Sleep

Next day cruise around and check up the town a little and then go home. If there is a shopping area I'm sure my wife will find that. Maybe ill bring a fishing pole.

As far a fishing there are a bunch of great spots deal lake flume is in that area and most on the good fishing I at night so if you are going to try surf fishing you might want to head south to shark river inlet there are two jetties at the inlet that are walkable without spikes. Most of the other jetties in the area are slippery as hell you would née corkers. One of the towns further south would be much safer for surf fishing at night

So asbury park is a gay town with good sausage. But also a ghetto. And I'm paying to stay in a very nice welfare hotel. Great, this is why I don't go to north jersey.

Well at least the stone pony has midget bowling on Friday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That sums up asbury pretty good.

Stay away from the apartment buildings on the north side of town, the closer to the beach the better, stay away from the railroad tracks, rainbows equal gay establishments. In the last 10 years, asbury has really cleaned up though. Much better then it used to be.

While you are there you should take a trip one town up and check out the houses in Deal along the beach. Amazing the difference going over a bridge makes.