OmniaMors

Carpool to Range 14 from North Jersey

Hey guys!

My friend and I are splitting a membership to Range 14. he comes up from south jersey and i want to come down from Hoboken. So i was wondering if there was anyone that went on a consistent basis that wouldnt mind carpooling every now and then. i dont expect to go more than once, maybe twice, a month, and me paying for my share of the gas is a given. I may also want to take a friend shooting (so two people total) if there is room.

If you are interested please let me know.

me and a buddy just joined. we live about 40mins from there which is prob halfway from you. i don't know if its worth car pooling but we typically go once or twice a month either on a sat or sun early about 830. it'd be cool to meet some members here.

Let's plan a meet. I'm also about 40 mins from the range.

Carpool with guns?  Interesting.  So you are going to drive a non-direct route to a range with a gun and pick someone else up with a gun.  Doesn't the people's republic of NJ make this a very grey area of legality????

Carpool with guns?  Interesting.  So you are going to drive a non-direct route to a range with a gun and pick someone else up with a gun.  Doesn't the people's republic of NJ make this a very grey area of legality????

If these are all NJ FID holders transporting long arms, the gray goes away. 

i would be down, but i cant travel via public trans with a gun so you guys would have to come and get me.

I'm assuming you were kind of joking, but seriously, why not? As long as you have an FPID, its a long gun, and its all cased/locked up, why couldn't you? Sure you might get some funny looks from the bus driver, but is it actually illegal? Does NJ transit have a written official policy against it? Can they even legally do so?

i just assumed you couldnt, but im not sure. Would it just have to follow the same locked case and separate locked case for ammo rules?

I don't know. That's why I asked. But, my gut says yes. I mean, legally, from what I understand, you can walk down the street with an UNLOADED long gun slung over your shoulder, as long as you have an FPID. So, cased/locked on a bus doesn't seem like too much of a stretch. This could be a case of the blind leading the blind though, so wait for someone who KNOWS to chime in here, but I also wouldn't just assume you can't and give up.

Hey guys!

My friend and I are splitting a membership to Range 14. he comes up from south jersey and i want to come down from Hoboken. So i was wondering if there was anyone that went on a consistent basis that wouldnt mind carpooling every now and then. i dont expect to go more than once, maybe twice, a month, and me paying for my share of the gas is a given. I may also want to take a friend shooting (so two people total) if there is room.

If you are interested please let me know.

Hoboken = North Jersey??

Hoboken is more like South North Jersey ; )

That said, I'd be up for that. 

I'd also be up for truckpooling my fellow true North Jersey guys to do the same.

Therefore if any Bergen (or NW) guys want to organize something, I'd be willing to provide the vehicle in exchange for a chip-in of fuel and at least one shooter with prior experience at that range.

I've got a Ridgeline that comfortably seats 4 (inc driver), and it has an under bed well (essentially a trunk in the bed) that measures approx 48" across. (and it's plenty deep).

It's a totally road-trip worthy vehicle.

Therefore if anyone is interested, let me know. 

Oh, and if anyone with experience at that range has weekdays free, let me know if you want to make a trip on a weekday. I can juggle my schedule when I need to, so I'd love to play hooky at that range one day.

In my defense im from AZ, im still getting used to there being more than just 2 main cities haha

ill PM you about carpooling :)

Wow ...why in the world would you leave America to come to the people's republic of nj? Lol

You consider the ridgeline a truck?

I've actually taken a liking to them, aesthetically. I've never driven one, but they look cool; especially in black. I think they are "beefy" enough to squeak in under the line as a truck.

I have a feeling they may end being one those sought after vehicles many years from now.

Now, the new "Explorer"? That I can't stand being called a "truck" or even an "Explorer". It is neither. Sure its an ok vehicle, for what it is, but its not a real Explorer. To qualify for that name, it needs a real/body and frame, and real, true 4wd; not that computer controlled "nanny-fied" AWD.