Sign in to follow this  
Contrvlr

Shore Army/Navy in the news again

Well, after reading the article, here's how I see it: If the "town" ( or those working for, or representing it) broke in, then they are responsible for whatever "their" act of compromising the stores security caused. Whether it was first responders, or looters who later came in through the open door that first responders created, its still the town's fault, and should be on their dime.

By the way, regardless of the circumstances, can someone show me the law that allows one to escape prosecution for "breaking and entering" , "vandalism", "destruction of private property", and oh yeah "theft"; just because your employer sort of, kinda, maybe agrees to pay for some of the damages later?

Personally, if I had owned property or a store in any of these areas, no road block or supposed "order" would have kept me away from my own property. It would have either been "ramming speed" to the barricades, or perhaps a surreptitious beach landing. 

I suppose it is to be expected on the internet, but it is a shame ppl with no knowledge of the situation or how much it costs to keep inventory in a store make comments like what were posted in there.

The list of items taken or destroyed was not exagerated at all, but it was listed at retail price (as it should be).

They shattered the glass front door?

There's a bunch more less destructive ways to get in... K Tool, for one, would at least let you lock/unlock the door (albeit, with the entire mechanism exposed), and keep the glass intact.

Not just glass, reinforced safety glass. It wasn't actually shattered. They tried to shatter it but bc it is safety glass it stayed intact. They eventually bashed it hard enough to seperate the glass from the door frame, then reached in and unlocked the dead bolt.

Well, after reading the article, here's how I see it: If the "town" ( or those working for, or representing it) broke in, then they are responsible for whatever "their" act of compromising the stores security caused. Whether it was first responders, or looters who later came in through the open door that first responders created, its still the town's fault, and should be on their dime.

By the way, regardless of the circumstances, can someone show me the law that allows one to escape prosecution for "breaking and entering" , "vandalism", "destruction of private property", and oh yeah "theft"; just because your employer sort of, kinda, maybe agrees to pay for some of the damages later?

Personally, if I had owned property or a store in any of these areas, no road block or supposed "order" would have kept me away from my own property. It would have either been "ramming speed" to the barricades, or perhaps a surreptitious beach landing. 

I agree..