RUTGERS95

Generators

Hmm, gonna look into this ash content info but I thought synthetic was ash free? Guess there is a need to find the right balance between engine lube/sludge build-up with gasoline vs NG. Also depends, I would think, on frequency of oil changes.

Hmm, gonna look into this ash content info but I thought synthetic was ash free? Guess there is a need to find the right balance between engine lube/sludge build-up with gasoline vs NG. Also depends, I would think, on frequency of oil changes.

It depends on the additives.  Unless an oil is advertised as low or no ash, it's not.   For Mobil 1 synthetic, you have to get "ESP" to have low ash.

Lol- I remember when oil was oil, dump in 5 qts of 40w and done. Now you gotta read the ingrediants like you're going shopping for organic foods!

I remember when you had to puncture the cardboard/tin cans with the spout and it made a huge mess. heh.

Comments acknowledged. My remarks were based on technical info provided by WinCo for their 5Kwatt+ units.

With LNG the service pipe and meter must not be the bottleneck. And with LP the vaporization surface must be sufficient. With LP, if the run from the tank is short and straight you may indeed get by with a 1/2" line.

I found the oil/ash comments very interesting, and I'll definitely have to look into that. Thanx.