Sign in to follow this  
jerseygti337

+1 shooters nj

I stopped in there this morning to run some more rounds through my g19 and g20sf and was overall pleased with the experience. After a short safety intro I was on my way. The range is clean and well ventilated and the staff and RSO were very friendly. If anyone is thinking of going there I would recommend it as a pretty well stocked shop.

Been there 3 times since they opened. I really enjoy this range and only 10 minutes from my house. Probably stop in tomorrow or Wednesday to shoot some rounds.

I would recommend going now when it is not busy and lanes are vacant. Once they start rentals this place will be crowded.

Shot my Colt revolver there this morning. Had about 7 others there shooting. The ventilation was very good compared to some other ranges I went to that were crowded and the RO was on the ball and very polite. Had a couple next to me shooting a .22 pistol that stove piped a few times and he was quick to take control and help them out.

I probably stop in on Friday and shoot my Buckmark.

Went there with the wife this morning. Brought a bunch of guns and had a great time. Very clean, professional employees, ventilation is great, and nicely lit up ports.

This place is all about safety, don't go there if you can't handle a gun safely. You have to watch a 10 minute range safety video and then the RO comes in and talks to you for another 10 minutes. This is a one time thing, but I believe it's great, you can never have too much safety on the range. While shooting, the RO is always on the range(unlike some other places I have been to). He was quick to help someone who needed some help with shooting fundamentals.

So if you got an hour or two, $20 in your pocket, and some ammo that's begging to be blasted off, check this place out. Besides that, they have a ton of guns to purchase.

Changed their hours of operation..

Beginning Monday, October 7 our hours will be:
Monday - Friday 9am to 8pm.
Saturday - 8am to 8pm.
Sunday - 8am to 6pm.
If you're coming to shoot please be here an hour prior to closing!

Went down yesterday, about a 35 min. trip for me

Nice place, looks like a country club

Watched the video, got the lecture and a little card to prove it for the next time, and got on the line

Only 2 other shooters there, RO spent most of the time with them, after they left he spent a few minutes with us then was gone, came back after 10 mins. or so with 4 other guys in tow  

Booths are narrow, fitting 2 full grown men is tight ( only happens when giving instruction ) 

Not accustomed to bullet traps, seeing sparks behind the target kind of freaked me out the first couple of rounds

Ribbed mat on table is uncomfortable if you go down on your elbows for rifle shooting ( I keep a piece of foam in my bag so not an issue for me )

First line of registers when you walk thru the door was blowing hot air, registers over shooting booths blowing cold ( been a while since I've been in a cleanroom type environment )

After shooting, stowed the firearms in the trunk ( wish someone would have the forethought to add a locker room to the plans when building an in door range ) and went in to check out the archery range. Haven't been to one in a quarter of a century and can't even remember what A&M looked like but was impressed with what they have going on there

All in all a pleasant experience