302w

U.S. Carbine, Caliber 30, M1

I'm tired of seeing everyone show off their 'other' M1s and GI 1911's, so I decided to share mine. Kinda crappy pics, but whatever. Its a 7-1942 production date Inland Division of GM M1. 30 Carbine is hard to find and/or expensive these days. I wish I could have owned one before, but I'm happy now I'm out of the PRNJ

20130928_011137_zps5e7e1773.jpg

20130928_011328_zps98daf9e1.jpg

20130928_011549_zpse10db21b.jpg

20130928_011515_zpsf599e28e.jpg

Nice carbine! Now I want one. Quick question, not trying to hijack this thread or anything, but can I own one of these if I never bring it in state? Example: I buy and store the carbine in PA.

I don't see how you're going to acquire it, as ftf transfers between residents of 2 different states are illegal and it would also be illegal for an FFL to transfer a banned weapon to you. Even if that FFL is out of state.

I don't see how you're going to acquire it, as ftf transfers between residents of 2 different states are illegal and it would also be illegal for an FFL to transfer a banned weapon to you. Even if that FFL is out of state.

I would never do an out of state F2F. I figured it was like keeping a 30 round ar mag in PA, certain things are only illegal within state bounds.

Unless you have a friend to 'own' one for you, you're practically SOL for owning one and living in the PRNJ. 

I legally live in NJ, and therefore I don't legally own my M1 or my illegal AR. My dad is the technical owner of both. My parents moved to PA, and I legally moved in with my aunt here so I can save $14k on school. I looked into dual residency so I can get my LTCF and its a no-no. I spend 75% of my time in Newark at school, then the rest is a mix of my legal residence in NJ and some in PA. 

As for my M1, its a post Korean war rebuild. In its WWII configuration it lacked a bayo lug and had a terrible rear sight.