usnmars

Lets see some unissued milsurps... PIC THREAD

So, lets see some unissued Milsurps.  Not talking refurbs but never fired since left the factory.  I think this will work out as a good thread as a reference of what a rifle looked like original/unmessed with.  So if you have a true unfired milsurp lets see it... POST IT UP.

So I will start this off, first here are a couple of my gems. 

Here is a unissued No4 Mk1 British Enfield that was made by Savage the American gun company and hasn't had a round through it.  Peter Laidler the Enfield guru himself urged me not to even wipe it down, leave the factory cosmo on it.  It seems that the cosmo used on Savage Enfields is pitch black almost like tar.

P1000156_zpsb16eddb2.jpg

P1000139_zps2d68c03a.jpg

Note the "king screw" has been peened

P1000144_zps3535c79b.jpg

Next is a unissued Type II National Match M1 Garand

DSC01014.jpg

still has the ink stamp on the gas cylinder

DSC00999.jpg

DSC00997.jpg

Next is a Finnish M27 made by Tikka

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

I've got a couple more but have to dig out some pics.  So anyone else whant to post?

Eric you kill me with your collection! How do you find these beauties?

Well if you ask Dan, his theory is years ago I found on the internet plans for the "Pink Elephant Time Machine" and have been using it extensively for the past few years... :-)

Very nice rifles and I know your a big milsurp collector but in all seriousness, don't you get bored or impatient in the fact that you never shoot these?!

I've been a very strong gun enthusiast for over 5 years now and still can't get a grasp on wanting something to sit in a safe, basically hidden, and never being able to fully enjoy it. I know some are unfired and some are pretty and that they are gaining some value every year or whatever, but I don't know...I find it hard to not want to enjoy shooting them. Even if they were just shot a few times a year.

Very nice rifles and I know your a big milsurp collector but in all seriousness, don't you get bored or impatient in the fact that you never shoot these?!

I've been a very strong gun enthusiast for over 5 years now and still can't get a grasp on wanting something to sit in a safe, basically hidden, and never being able to fully enjoy it. I know some are unfired and some are pretty and that they are gaining some value every year or whatever, but I don't know...I find it hard to not want to enjoy shooting them. Even if they were just shot a few times a year.

You buy two of them - an issued one to shoot - the unissued to keep pristine.

I will track down a used example to go shoot.  I think that my collection to me is more about the history rather than the shootability.  I enjoy the fact that I am just a temporary custodian of some historical pieces.  These things will be around well long after I am gone and I will just be a footnote in their history.  I look at it as that I am saving them for future generations to understand and appreciate. 

I will track down a used example to go shoot.  I think that my collection to me is more about the history rather than the shootability.  I enjoy the fact that I am just a temporary custodian of some historical pieces.  These things will be around well long after I am gone and I will just be a footnote in their history.  I look at it as that I am saving them for future generations to understand and appreciate. 

Fair enough, Eric! I understand what you're saying. It would be hard for me to NOT shoot any of those rifles, but that's a great thing about firearms. We all enjoy them for different reasons! Some beauties you have there, as well as the tons of other milsurps youve posted in the past.